Terrified 😂

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi,

Am waiting for results of a CT brain scan for dementia and increasingly terrified the longer I wait.  It's been 5 weeks now.  I am convinced it's going to be bad news because of my symptoms.

For a while I thought it could be perimenopause, but not sure now.  I keep having really really scarey things happen, often out of the blue which just confirm my concerns.  aside from short term memory loss, I keep getting all sorts of things confused.  I've tried to put the front seatbelt on whilst sitting in the back of a car, I though I had lost my mobile phone, but I was talking on it.  And then just now I got really confused between a friend and my sister and who was who.  I just can't go on like this or believe it could be hormones.  All I keep thinking is how My life is over 😂😂😂

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Firstly if your scan was anything to worry about they wouldn't leave you 5 weeks hanging.

I am perimenopausal and although I am not as bad as you, I have become increasingly forgetful and finding myself doing and thinking the strangest things.... Like driving along a road that I have been on a millions times but panicked because I thought I was lost!

Have you discussed hormonal changes with your Dr or had blood tests?

So sorry to hear that you think your life is over.... It really isn't, you can get through this!

• Posted

Hi,

Thankyou for your reply.  I was told even before the scan that the results could take up to 2 months to come through.  

I haven't had hormone tests.  they've said they will look at doing that if the scan should come back as normal.

I just feel sick with worry 😪

• Posted

I know how you feel.... I have been through several tests and waiting for the outcome is very scary. However, worrying yourself silly isn't going to change the outcome but only make your symptoms even worse.

Why don't you start thinking about what if the outcome is actually nothing at all and that you are likely to be entering menopause. 

Do you have any other symptoms apart from the ones you have mentioned?

• Posted

I can understand your'e being scared, but I got into a complete a few months ago because I thought I had early onset dementia - I'm 53. The more I obsessed about it the worse my symptons got. I couldnt remember names of family members, or other people - friends I never forgot names of, or places I had been to - and I mean places which were really important to me and my husband and had special memories for us. 

I remember one particular ocassion when I turned on the TV ad Eastenders was on, and I could remember the names of hardly any of the characters, even though I recognised their faces, and had watched the show every week for years.  I was totally petrified. I think I went into a bit of a psychotic state, and the more I worried about the symptons the worse they got.  Maybe this is what is happening to you.  When I finally stopped worrying about it - and started worrying about something else! - I started remembering things easily again.

You are obviously panicking - I was - and makes your brain just freeze up. Please dont be convinced you have this - I was certain, and of course I havent.

• Posted

I'M SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SYMPTOMS, I'LL PRAY FOR GOOD RESULTS FOR YOU.

• Posted

Hi Bubbins

Your life is not over this is the anxieties playing the role. I have anxieties and I am in menopause there are times i forget things like if i have my cell phone with me or did i turn off the stove or oven. I forget to turn off the lights at times to where my boyfriend reminds me to turn off the lights. 

I have been having a lot of anxieties myself and anxieties can make you forget things too, and so can depression 

• Posted

Hi Bubbins feel so for you, but want to assure you that we are all the same there could be many reasons why you have these symptoms, and menopause is right up there with them, I am menopausal but before that when I was very young I got Fibromalgy and I was the same couldn't remember things, forgot names couldn't remember how to finish conversations, was also driving one day and couldn't think where I was going in a familiar place, so don't worry darling !!!!!! these things can be explained, and there are many on this site and the fibromaligy site that is experiencing that same problems, Brain fog it's called and is one off the major side effects of fibromaligy. Hope this helps wee pet couldn't go to bed thinking about you worrying about this, Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers maryxxx
  • Posted

thankyou all for your kind words. I've tried to keep telling myself it could be hormones, but the severity of memory loss and confusion and "spaced out" feelings just feels like it must be more than hormones.  And every time something else happens, I just get an overwhelming fear inside.  I've had it for 10 months now, but seems to be getting worse.  😪
  • Posted

Hi bubbins

I got all things muddled and peri and still do post meno

'Brain fog or Meno Brain'

Some days worse than others

jay x

• Posted

Hi jayneejay

Jusy wanted to ask you do you feel better post meno than you did in peri?

Ive been in peri eight years and its starting to really get me down.

Would love to hear it gets better x

• Posted

Hi michelle

well i didnt, but had a Vit D defficiency i didnt know about and now having extra 2200iu a day of D3.

my hot flushes returned so severe that last summer in spain was just awful.

and the severity came again onset of this summer heat..

anyway.. To ease that and after reaearching and reading that low dose anti depressants ease menopause flushes and anxiety ( low dose the new HRT) 

and i am taking Escitalopram ( stronger newer Citalopram) since taking ( i only take 5mg) my 20plus a day flushes have GONE, my body seems to be more relaxed, my energy is up and my slight anxiety has gone ..

I also take Mega B 100 from Holland and Barret one a day and they make me feel so revitalised ( i stopped taking for 4 months ) and wow didnt i know it ... I also have B12 injections too as my B12 abit on the low side 

so now i feel alot better ..

i always declined anti depressants as not depressed, but if you google Anti depressants for menopause low dose .. Wow they help me no end ..

I dont take HRT as i dont want to postpone menopause i want to ride the waves do it natural and forget about it 

jay x

• Posted

Forgot to say i had a 10 year peri.

the final two years were the hardest, emotionally and tearful, feelings of doom. Etc 

but now i feel okay 

i am age 51 and 21 months post meno 

confirmed by my wonderful Gyno ... ( none fuctioning / no follicles ovaries ) 

no periods for 12-14 months after peri = post menopause 

jay x

• Posted

I am on low dose AD mirtazapine didnt think they were helping but I suppose without them it could be worse.

Good to know your finally feeling better x

• Posted

Hi Jayneejay

I am 46 going to be 47 in August how long do i have to go through the palpitations that come with menopause it seems that i get them a lot i wore a heart monitor and the heart doctor said everything was fine nothing in there that showed any irregular heart beats. And the E.R. DRs say the same nothing on the EKG and nothing on the cardiogram 

So how long do i have to go feeling these and having stomach problems 

Would like to know i am getting tired of them

• Posted

Hi susan 

wish i could answer that question but cant ..

we are all so different .

i had palps aswell but all have gone now, more or less.

the Esctitalopram (5mg)  ( low dose anti depressants ) have helped me soo much with palps/severe hot flushes and the slight anxiety.

been taking them for about 2 months and helped no end , no severe flushes now.. 

jay x

• Posted

Hi susan

I too get awful palpitations which have taken me to ER and also had a 24 how heart monitor. All of which came back normal... BUT it dont feel very normalsad( ove been in perimenopause 8 years im now 48.

Periods all over the place and every symptom you can possibly have inc anxiety and depression.

The palps send my anxiety through the roof. Had another bad bout from last night and all day today. I keep telling myself it will pass but they are defo getting the better of me right now

• Posted

Thats what i keep telling myself that it will pass the palpitations and everything else 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.