Terrified I have Colon or Ovarian Cancer.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a hypochondriac, I know that, but something seems really wrong, and I can't seem to get the doctor to take me seriously. I could really use some reassurance or advice. For the past two years, I have had indegestion, in which I just constantly burp all night. Within the past 6 months or so, it's gotten even worse. Constant burping in the morning and at night. I feel really nauseous in the morning and get fully pretty quick while I eat. I also noticed my appetite has decreased. I'm bloated and my stomach is pretty big compared to the rest of my body. I'm really skinny (5'7 and 124 pounds), but my stomach sticks out and makes me look like I'm 4 months pregnant. I've noticed frequent urination as well if I drink a glass of water. I went to the doctor twice now and both wrote it off as stomach acid. I was put on prilosec for a month, and while it's helped the symptoms a little, they aren't gone. I came here, because I looked at the symptoms for Ovarian cancer and they seem to fit nearly perfectly. I'm terrified, because it doesn't seem like any doctor is going to tak me seriously, since I'm so young. My question is what should I do next? Should I go to the gastro doctor or the gynocologist? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I actually have same symptoms on top of many other. The health anxiety got me really scared now because I didn't know that those were symptoms for that. I also lost quite some weight. I also burp a lot. Im also kind of skinny. I also lost apetite. My doctors also say it is probably stomach acid.

But ! Digestion problems are very very common for anxiety. Also fatigue !

If I may ask, how old are you ?

• Posted

I checked it online a little bit. I will try to give you few reasons to calm down. Digestion problems are very common for anxiety. I missed before that you are young. It is unlikely to have colon cancer being young. Usually people get this when being 50+ years old. Your lifestyle influence on how likely you are going to have it. Eating healthy food and doing sports reduces it. Watch out your stool. Especially black stool and stool with blood in it. If you have one of the two then you should tell your doctors as soon as you can with this other symptoms. Once again we are both young and this is very uncommon for us to have colon cancer. For ovarian cancer I do not know much.

The best you can do is that you tell your doctors about this like you did here and they will tell you what to do. Usually doctors take seriously they patients but they probably think you do not have cancer. If you think that they are not taking you serious enough try it with a different doctor so that you get second opinion about your problems.

I wish you all the best smile

• Posted

Your diet is no good for you. Thin or not your diet is no good for you.
  • Posted

Yes I had all the same symptoms....especially burping. Have a scope done. Turns out I had h pylori which is quit common. You just take antibiotics ...still waiting to see if it cleared it up...good luck
  • Posted

Gynaecologist, Lucy. You shouldn't be looking four months pregnant. It might be an ovarian cyst - very easy to find out and treat.

How old are you, love?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.