Terrified it's tapeworm!!!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone

This is a bit embarrassing but I'm scared to death I have tapeworm!!!!

I've had a dodgy tummy for a long time...put down to ibs and the fact I've had alot of antibiotics.

In short diarreah on and off for months, comes in bouts where my stools are strange, loose, immense gad, can feels gurgling and g lugging like a drain through my gut.

Have noticed a few things in my stool for a while that I've worried about but drs put down to ibs and the do fact I generally have a dodgy gut. Few weeks ago I had a long flat thing that I worried about but there was no more so thought was something I ate.

Today however there was something similar but alot longer that couldn't possibly be something I atesad it was flat and smooth and fairly long....I took a photo but I can't see where to upload a photo : (

I'm literally scared to go to the toilet again things like this really freak me out!!!! : (

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it I'm freaking out : (

• Posted

Anyone? : (
  • Posted

That sounds really stressful. It's horrible not knowing what's going on in your gut - we have recently been dealing with an infestation of threadworm (we have no kids so no idea how we picked it up!!), I also have IBS plus anxiety and have been freaking out when I go to the toilet not knowing what's going on or whether or not we are rid of it, so know it's not a fun place to be. As far as I understand it, tapeworm is uncommon in the UK and I think it tends to pass in smaller segments. It sounds like your stomach is quite upset at the moment and imagine all the stress isn't helping. If you had alot of antibiotics some good probiotics might help. My suggestion would be go to the GP and ask for a stool test and perhaps show them the photo - embarrassing I know but better to ask I think if you're worried. If your gut is unhappy it might be undigested food or mucous but worth getting checked out. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.