Terrified of dying!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm having a really rough day with my anxiety. One of those days where I'm struggling to believe it's all just anxiety!

I had to cancel my gig this evening because I just couldn't get my head around what I'm feeling!

I've had a lot of muscle pain and stabbing in my upper back and arms, been concentrating on my breathing and getting in to a vicious cycle with that and I can't stop crying!

I'm getting scared that it's more than anxiety and there is something wrong that the doctors have missed!

As I sit here now I'm tingling all over and feel awful! I just hate being like this!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey that's me today. Feeling pain n thing. I slept for a period of time n im feeling little better. It too shall pass. That's wat i live by. We will beat this OK we will.
  • Posted

I understand exactly how you feel. Everyone in my life, family, doctors etc tell me it's all in my head it's just anxiety but it's exhausting and if I have feel things, phyiscal things, headaches, chest tightness, tingly body, it makes me think twice and say well what if it's really something worse. My therapist told me not to say or think what if. But my mind always takes me there. I barley sleep anymore bc I'm an insomniac so that messes with me and last night I woke up 3 different times from chest tightness from anxiety. So since I was anxious all night I now have a horrible tension headache. It's a cycle and I hate it. The meds Barley help, I don't know if my lexapro is the right med for me but after being on that for over a month I'm really scared to try something else bc I'm so sensative to these meds I get so many side effects. I just don't want to care or worry about anything and I don't know how to do that.
  • Posted

That's what anxiety does it makes you dwell on things even after you have been checked out by the doctor! And I can assure you that those symptoms are anxiety! I have a list that goes on and on that happen to me! I still struggle daily and also have the fear of dying! I felt a little dizzy today and of course I thought omg it's something bad hut I had to calm down and think because I just got over an ear infection and my sinuses are messed up which can cause that but I dwelled on it! I have panic attacks which are the worst thing on the planet! Do you take medication? That may help! My anxiety started after j had my son a year ago

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.