terrified of dying of heart disease

Posted , 3 users are following.

Heya im terrified tight now i have been having varying types of chest pain for nearly two years, aching, shooting, sharp dull, its central chest sometimes throughout can last for days, weeks, sometimes affected by strong emotions, physical activity lifting things etc, i have been back and for To a and e and doctors had countless normal ecgs, chest xrays and havehad a satisfactory echo cardiogram in october i have been to acardiologist who performed an ecg and a physical exam and said he couldnt find nething Byjust examining me. The pain is constant and now goes down my arm in the front of myshoulder by my collar bone and into my jaw. The doctors hav said muscular, indigestion, and anxiety. I am scared im going to drop down dead please help is this cardiac, does it sound like cardiac or anxiety, ivehad paramedics check me butby the time they get here The pain has virtually gone i dont know what to do no one is taking me seriously. The pain is excruciating is there anyone oufthere feeling the same things

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sam

Its anxiety. You had all the tests and if anything they would have told you.

• Posted

Thanks for you reply its hard for me to see it as anxiety it goes down left arm leftshoukder and jaw,my dad died when i was 8 after heart transplant im terrified this is it for me sorry to go on i just dont want to leave my children
  • Posted

100% you'l be fine. I had all similar symptoms and talked to some great therapists after all the medical tests found nothing. One therapist really gave me some insight by saying there's such a wide range of 'people types' she said to me of 'do you think sociopaths suffer from anxiety'? 'Of course not' and most people are between sociopath and severly anxious have so have a balance. Some people like us are more prone to worry. It's nature. We have to use insight to dispell it's power. Keep saying you don't care about being anxious, just be an observer. Don't care if your anxious, don't care if your not. Allow yourself to be anxious and say I don't care, as a panic attack is happening, say to yourself I really really don't care. When you've sort of lost all hope it stops happening basically. I'm free of mine because I genuinley don't care if I feel panicky or anxious. I love me, I'm a kind good person! So what that I'm ultra sensitive! Tell yourself all these things. Absolutely you will be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.