Terrified of getting cancer been so depressed

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm a healthy 32 year old female with no family history of cancer except my aunt died of lung cancer but she smoked heavily. I try to eat organic, I work out, help me I'm so frightened

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Do you have a therapist or a doctor or someone who is trained to help?
  • Posted

Very common with health anxiety to focus on serious illness. Best advice is see a Dr or therapist to help with your general anxiety
  • Posted

Lady I'm the exact same! There's no history of cancer in my fam, a distant relative got breast cancer in her 70s but she lived to be 90. My family all live to be 90 and over, my great grandmother died at 110 and she had no illnesses. But eversince I got anxiety few months ago I feel aches n pains all over n I am constantly scared I'll get something terminal. It's driving me crazy but I can't seem to stop.
  • Posted

How are you doing?  It seems like you have gotten stuck in some scary thinking.  Can you try and let those thoughts go and not react to them?  perhaps you are under stress and it is coming out with obssesive thoughts.  That is common.  Remind yourself that being scared that you are sick is anxiety and it is not a magical wizard telling you that you are.  Try to laugh at it and talk about it to somone.  you will be fine. give yourself and hug and tell yourself that you just nervous.....you are well and not sick.   it will pass
  • Posted

I dont think there is any reality that you can acquire this cancer? Maybe you were traumatized by your Aunts cancer. Probably best to seek therapy to work throught the trauma.
  • Posted

Hi Danielle I'm sorry to hear that you are scared you are a young women with a whole life ahead of you evry time the thought comes into your head think of somthink positive think of all the things you have going for you the places you want to visit people you want to see I hope this helps you if not I would see your doctor about getting some therapy all the best Danielle shaun
  • Posted

Thank you all for responding!! No on in my family has cancer I'm just beyond terrified is it common in women in their 30s?
    • Posted

You need to stop looking for reassurance on this, no amount of reassurance will help you in any way. Look for help with anxiety and stay away from Google

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.