Test next week

Posted , 2 users are following.

for a few Years I have had pain in my breasts. Had a Mammogram last August but never got the report.

Pain got worse in March and finally saw regular doctor in April he found masses in my breasts. He called and got last mammograms report and saw that it showed masses back then. I never was told or got a report.

Finally able to get the new test done next week. I'm a single mom now. I'm scared.

I haven't found a job yet since husband left. It's been one health thing after another for 12 years now. Plus being abused by husband. To much to handle. No support from family, except a good friend and cousin but I can't really rely on cousin she has her own issues.

Feeling totally overwhelmed. Bad shoulder gave up help for it. Gallbladder was token out in November lucky no issue unless I have to much whole milk.

Daughter doesn't want to spend time with her dad and I don't blame her. He scares both of us. I feel like I'm missing everything up.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's good news that you've got a test booked for next week,  maybe ask if your friend can go with you for company,  and maybe you could tell your cousin, the more support you can get the better.  Maybe if your daughter is old enough tell her.  Also best advice that I was given was NOt to google it. A Dr. Told me on here.  I know how scared that you are.  I found lumps in my right breast. And had tests done , thank god it turned out to be cysts.  Also maybe go bk to your doctor, and tell them how scared you are.  And also please remember all this is NOT your fault.  Please let me know if I can help, and let me know what happens next week.  Liz xx
    • Posted

Hi Liz! Thanks! Daughter is 13 and my greatest strength and support system I have. Cousin knows about my issues and when my test is. We live in different towns.

I haven't looked it up. Doctor had said in April if the pain got worse then we would have the test done sooner. But with the divorce coming up, soon to be ex knee I was facing this but left any ways. Plus he was abusive so I really don't need his support.

I'm trying really hard not to stress and be scared but I can't help it. The image place says mammogram first then ultra sound and that I would get the results before I leave.

Breasts get cold and they hurt. And at night they can start hurting so bad I sleep with a heating pad on them.

I'm planning on taking my daughter she's good keeping me calm but at the same time it stinks she has to go through this with me.

I just hope to get an answer and a solution to stop the pain.

• Posted

Test came back normal. So No answers to the pain yet. Plus I don't know what the masses are that the doctor felt are.
  • Posted

Yep it's good that you've got support,  and yes you will get the results b4 u leave, that's what I got .  Seein as yr ex was abusive, it's best that yr out of that relationship.  You don't need the added stress.  With myself I saw the consultant first she examined me, then was sent for a mammogram, as I'm not v.big on top, plus I've got a curviature of my spine it was difficult for me to get on the machine.  Then I went for the ultrasound.  And. By the time that I got bk to the consultant the results were there.  Cysts thank goodness.  

and also my doctor told me that if yr breasts hurt and u got a lump, apparently that's good news as cysts hurt but cancer doesn't, ( my mam had breast cancer, and her lump didn't hurt, so I guess in some cases that's true,  it doesn't stop you worrying tho.   If u need to talk , msg me ok ,m Liz xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.