Testicle enlarged after hydrocele surgery?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a hydrocele on my right testicle for over a year before I got surgery. Shortly after the surgery, my right testicle became enlarged so that it was about the same size as before the surgery. I went to the urologist who examined it and determined that the increased size was no longer a hydrocele. An ultrasound also confirmed this. He is also the only urologist nearby, so I can't go to someone else. If the enlargement is no longer caused by a hydrocele, what could it be?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Same thing happened to me the doc couldn't tell me I got a second opinion and he said it was due to scar tissue still couldn't explain how my actual testicle grew at the age of 38 though.
  • Posted

Hi,

Just wondering if hyrdocele had any impact on your fertility prior to op? I am going for op soon.

Thank you

• Posted

I'm also looking for an answer to this. I had surgery in December 2014 which was supposed to get rid of the hydrocele. The surgeon told me after the operation to expect to have swelling for 6 months. Today There is still some kind of sack like a hydrocele on my testicle which is a tad smaller than the hydrocele. It's also a tad firmer and rougher feeling than the hydrocele. When I try to shine a torch light through it it doesn't light up like it did with hydrocele. I'm guessing it could be filled up with blood or something? if so should I be worried? I've been putting off going to see anyone about this for to long because of worry, embarrassment and the it takes time for the swelling to subside attitude. I need to get the balls to get it checked. Any info of what it could be, what I could be in for and what to expect when I get it checked out would be appreciated. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.