Tests for PCOS?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. I'm 24 and going for ultrasounds to test if I have PCOS. I'm wondering if anyone else has had these done and if the results are instant? Or if I need to wait for a letter or something? Thanks! X

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi kirstie. I also had ultrasound to confirm my pcos. I think it depends on the radiographer doing your scan but they told me there and then that I had pcos and to make an Appt with my Dr to discuss the results. Hope your scan goes well

Alison

• Posted

Hi Alison thanks for this that's helpful, if I could get results instantly then I think it will be good to have someone there.

I've heard even if it's negative you should request further tests to rule out other things so will probably do that too. Good to see so much report on forums like this if I do find I have PCOS.

Kirstie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.