Thank G-d for Prozac

Posted , 10 users are following.

Okay Y'all,

Since I had a lot of bad to say about Prozac. (Fluoxetine) noT too long ago I feel it's only fair that I share both sides of the story.

So tomorrow I will have been on prozac for nine weeks, and I have to say things are steadily getting better. What a relieve it is to not wake up every morning with a sense of doom and dread. Before I always so anxious and hurt by people and life. Recently, I'm enjoying life more. I'm able to just enjoy the moments and the activities for what they are. And apparently it gets better from week12 so the best is yet to come. To all those starting out on Prozac I wanna say just hang in there; it really does get better with time.

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I'm so glad it's working for you! Stories like this give the rest of us hope! 😊

• Posted

Glad to see this! Glad it's working for somebody else smile

• Posted

Thanks LJK,

I was hoping to bring some encouragement to someone start out on flu.I remeber googling it enddlessly in the first few weeks when I ha those nasty side effects and feeling so anxious.

• Posted

It sure does. The more of us it works for the better smile

• Posted

Thanks MsMcBeth this encourages me to keep going and to hanget in there and know it will get better smile despite how I feel day to day I try to look at the positives. And hearing inputs like this is inspiring. We all have to stick together and try to fight the stigma with mental health issues and see that there's help out there for us....and that there's nothing wrong with talking about it which has always been my issue as well as shame them telling myself that I'm okay and don't need to take the meds bc I'm fine then spiraling out of control bc of it. So now I'm more open to this whole process bc of forums like this. I feel like I've found a safe place this is a safe place smile

• Posted

I'm glad this post gave you hope, Mzunique. You are going to be okay. We are all going to be okay. Let's just take the pills and feel better, nevermind the stigma. If we had a physiological illness wouldn't we take our meds to get better? Mental illness should be treated the same way.

• Posted

That's wonderful to hear and such a great encouragent to everybody.smile

• Posted

Thanks for sharing this. I'm on 20mg day 6 (was on Flu previously but took a break, now had recurring depression/anxiety), having side effects much worse this time. Keeping with it as I know it worked for me in the past. Great to hear success stories and so glad it is working for you. 

• Posted

Hopefully the side effects dissapate soon and you start feeling better. I hear it takes a little bit longer the second time because your body is used to the medication.
    • Posted

Yes I have heard that too. Anxiety seems better but I'm still having side effects.  Just trying to take things one day at a time smile 

• Posted

That is very great to hear. I am week 7 of 20mg Flu for depression and anxiety. I defintely agree that the doom and dread has gone. Ihave noticed I am laughing and enjoying the smaller things. It's not a perfect solution but it has helped me greatly. I am hoping things will improve even more from here. good luck to everyone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.