Thank You

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello All

Just wanted to say Thank you to all who replyed the other night. I read each reply and gained some info, so many thanks to one an all. Its hard to find people to talk to with this condition. You all seem to be really knowledgeable. I done alot of reading on the Internet when I was 1st diagnosed an scared myself to death.......Went to the Doc with Ton's of question's an he told me I needed to stay off the Internet..............lol. Im the only one in my family that has had this.............No one on my Father or Mothers side that I have been able to find. Im going to ask my Hematoligist to do the JAK2 test again just to take care of my curiosity...........But again...........Thank you all, Im sure Ill have more questions in time.....................Take Care all  smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Randal

PRV is a pretty rare condition and is not heriditary which is good. l would have hated passing this on to my son or daughter.

Also from my previous response l neglected to say that apart from my three monthly venisection (Aussie term for phlebotomy) l have a daily aspirin. Nothing too onerous or expensive !

cheers

• Posted

Ask him to do both the JAK2 and jak2 exon 12 you can be positive with just one mutation but JAK2 is the most common, it takes around a month to come back so it saves a bit of time and anxiety. Good luck xx
  • Posted

You are very welcome Randal

Good luck and let us know how things progress.

Keith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.