Thank you to posters!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I don't know what I would have done without this site and the generous posters who are so giving with their symptoms, treatments etc. I never had this and I am not fair or light skinned but AM going through menopause. My case after reading this forum was probably reasonably light, but enough to swell my eyes shut and make me look like a burn victim.  I have tried Prosacea with good results, cut the gluten,sugar and booze.  My skin looks great at the moment because the Proscea dried it out so much it was like getting a facial peel.  I am using Coconut butter to fix the damage and have ordered a different product that doesn't cause the drying.

Mostly I wanted to thank the posters for their generous gift of information.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Glad you are doing so well, like you mine seemed to all start with menopause. I cut out all spicy foods and sauces, and my face looks really good. I think triggers are different for everyone, but when we discover what they are it can be a miracle sometimes.
  • Posted

Update on Megs face.  Everything is still going great, EXCEPT...I made the foolish mistake of getting a little too cocky and used my old makeup.  4 hours later I had an outbreak....threw out all my old stuff and am switching to Bare Minerals. (Affordable Minerals is much cheaper and contains no bad stuff). Mascara from Alamay didn't have a negative effect.  I am just keeping a diary so I know what my triggers are.  The good news is I can drink white wine.  The bad news I can drink white wine...LOL.  Stay tuned folks.
  • Posted

Glad you can still have wine. I still have an occasional Lemon drop. I have been wanting to try the bare minerals, but might stick with what is working. I use Maybelline dream fresh BB cream it has 30spf sunscreen and then I use mineral wear physicians formula airbrushing loose powder. it has sunblock too, so I can use it throughout the day if I'm out in the sun.
  • Posted

All I got is AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!! Just when you think it is fixed, something out of the blue triggers this bad boy.  I am guessing it is white wine at the moment since I have cut out gluten and basically anything that tastes good.  WTF??   Just a bit of a rant, my apologies.  I just don't get how you can go 53 years and then have this little gem explode on you.Grrrrrr.  Got some new topical cream to try so keeping my fingers crossed.  Your Pal....Meg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.