Thanksgiving support

Posted , 2 users are following.

I need some emotional support, please.  I love the Thanksgiving holiday.  This year, however, my family has come to visit since I can no longer visit them.  And I think I am losing my mind.  First, I was judged because my house wasn't clean enough.  But, with just me, house bound and nearly bed bound and my husband we did the best we could.  Since I am no longer working and am waiting for SSA disability, we had no money to hire someone to clean for us.  Also, I am too fat, I am not eating the correct foods, etc.  I love my family, but the judgemental attitude is killing me.  They suggested that maybe they won't visit anymore because it obviously puts too much strain on me.  I can't seem to win.  I just want to cry.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

If they don't like the way your house looks, then maybe it's a blessing that they don't come.  If they can't find compassion in their hearts due to your disability/illness, then again, maybe it's better if they don't come.  I am a Christian, and I'm sure to a certain degree I judge "things" without even realizing it.  Some of my fellow Christians are just plain nasty and judgmental because they are so insecure that it makes them feel better about their hateful selves.  On the Disability,  it took me 2 years, and I STILL got denied and I have psych and bone problems. Please don't get your hopes up too much on the disability unless you've absolutely been granted it.  I would maybe put a little distance between you and your family.  The more stress, the more pain.  I've learned that the hard way.

• Posted

Thanks. I appreciate the support. Family can be wonderful, but also painful. 😆

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.