The Anti-Jowel Movement !!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies. I was reading this morning a post from a lady (can't remember who, sorry), expressing dismay at her jowelly appearance in the mirror and I thought I'd share with you all a recent trick I discovered and which I have dubbed 'The Anti-Jowel Movement'.  Aged 49, I too recently discovered jowels and for the first time in my life, I found myself thinking about having a facelift !! Now, that shocked me because I've always been a great believer in growing old gracefully so I set about googling and looking for advice on how to deal with a jowelly appearance.  What I found reminded me of a great piece of advice my late mother gave me and these two things, used together, are already having an effect.  My mother's advice was to moisturise the neck upwards, which I was doing but have recently forgotten to do and have now developed a double chin. So I have resumed this process and also am following the advice found on the internet for jowels. Using the back of your hand, slap yourself lightly but firmly on the underside of the jawline and keep doing this till it hurts! Honestly, I saw almost instant results and do these two things every time I shower and moisturise. I even think my double chin looks better.  Facial muscles, like any muscles, need exercising to remain firm and the appearance of jowels is a result of no exercise of the facial muscles. It made sense to me and as I say, the two exercises seem to be working.  I'm still a little jowelly but it has definitely improved. Anyway, just a little bit of useful info to help us through this ageing process. Hope others find it useful too. Wishing you all good health xxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Very good advice. I noticed my neck was looking saggy a couple of years ago - I just suddenly noticed it though it must have been like that for some time. I was 51.

I was shocked and dismayed, and did some research and now I do neck excercises to strengthen the muscles and moisturise it really well every day, and it definitely looks much better. Even my husband thinks so.  Doing these things reallyis worth the effort!

• Posted

Aso plumps up the skin. Don't forget to moisture from within with healthy diet containing good fats and exercise improves circulation for overall good skin tone but gravity gets us all eventually. 
  • Posted

Thanks Lara for the advice. I do try and moisturizer daily but that bit of excersizing the neck muscles is something I will do from now on. smile
  • Posted

Another one is to tilt you face up to the ceiling and pretend to kiss the ceiling about 20 times. Does anyone know any similar exercises to lift up the skin at the sides of  your mouth - just got a shock when I looked in the mirror!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.