The bane of my life

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 21 years old and I've been suffering from thrush for as long as I can remember. In the last few years it's started to get really bad and it just keeps coming back. I've gone to doctors, gotten swabs, and they're all saying the same thing, "I'm just unlucky and will continue to get it". I now find myself going to the doctor once a month saying "it's back" and getting the same cream and tablet, which doesn't seem to be easing it this time round. I get a severe itch, which is unbearable, sometimes it even bleeds! I can't put up with It anymore and am open to suggestions on what to try to ease it! And if anyone knows why I would keep getting it that would be great! Thanks guys 🙌??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've had a long history of thrush and avoiding it seems the best way. The recommendations is to not wear tight fitting clothes ie jeans, cotton knickers so it can breathe down there, no perfumed products ie bath products or perfume sanitary pads, no hot baths and avoid sugary foods as thrush thrives on it and a warm, moist environment. Also it can be passed back and forth between partners its important that he uses the cream even if it doesn't look like he has anything when treating yourself. When it comes to sex try and make sure both have clean hands, teeth and bits a bit clinical I know but it avoids germs being introduced upsetting the balance. I use perfume, parabin free products usually made for newborn babies. Also maybe talk to the Dr about resistant thrush sometimes one dose doesn't clear the body and a course of Fluconazole tablets are used for a couple of months.

Hope this helps

• Posted

Thank you so much I'll give all this a go and see how I get on, it's very irritating at the moment I'm willing to try anything! I went back to the doctor today and I'm after getting 7 Fluconazole tablets so hopefully it'll be cleared up in a few days. As for sugar, I'm going to give it up.

Thanks a million smile

• Posted

Good luck, it is a pain, some people just seem less sensitive than other's and get away without all this. I've definitely had less reoccurring thrush since the long course of Fluconazole!

• Posted

Hi.  My wife had recurrent thrush over the years and tried everything and sought advice from different doctors/pharmacists to no avail.  I then thought about how generally thrush is treated for about 2 weeks but the pessaries only treat for 6 days so I suggested to her that she get the pessary treatment as well as another tube of clotrimazole and re-use the pessary devices (cleaned well obviously) and continue the treatment for 2 weeks.  Success!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.