The cure for BV!! Its so simple, no joke!

Posted , 18 users are following.

OK, so I first developed BV last april 2014 after taking a round of amoxicillin for strep throat. At first, the amoxicillin only gave me a yeast infection (my first one ever, and so far my only one). I had my period about two weeks later, and I ended up with BV. I have literally delt with the symptoms of BV every month since this until this month. The only thing I changed about my routine is that I no longer use tampons. Seriously. I didn't realize it but the chemicals in the tampons was messing up my normal vaginal flora. Tampons aren't just cotton, ladies. And I didn't know that either. I used a menstrual cup for the first time ever this last cycle. Wow. complete difference. I know there is a learning curve, but it is so worth it. I'm still not used to mine completely since I've only used it once, but please look up the menstrual cup online and throw out all your pads and tampons! They are pricey, mine was about 55 US dollars, but they last for years. Do this ladies! It will change your life!

3 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Actually its a pH imbalance. The pH in your vag should be about 3-4.5. Blood from ur cycle is about 7 this alone can cause an imbalance leading too bv. So watch out using the cup.
    • Posted

The cup just collects the blood, unlike a tampon which soaks it up. Idk maybe that could make a difference? The blood isn't just sitting up there for a few hours like it would with a tampon
    • Posted

Ive never used a cup but I know that it is inserted inside which may not be a good thing.
    • Posted

I was told to change from tampons to pads by my doc too...but the thing is that I have always used tampons and never had the issue with bv so I was certain that was not the issue. As soon as I changed the soap that I was using after seeing a new OB...she suggested johnson and johnson baby wash...then I noticed a difference. Along with taking the vitamin regime that I have been on...I take a lot of vitamins but that is what has been working and if thats what I have to do then that is what I will continue to do. Everything in the netherlands regions is back to my old self again.
    • Posted

what vitamins? i'm curious to know if my lifelong battle is actually just an alkaline/acidity imbalance in my body so i'm interested to know what's been recommended to you.

• Posted

Taking a Zinc supplement worked for me. I take one every night and it cleared up. It's worth a try and it's not harmful. I only take it at night because all Vitamins make me a little nauseous so that's how I avoid that lol.

• Posted

What pads and pantyliners would people here recommend? I need to wear pantyliners every day because of the BV discharge so I can't really go underwear-free. I need to wear pads during my period. I don't use tampons ever.
    • Posted

I don't use pads at all actually but I do that they do have cloth pads and pantiliners that are chemical free. You can buy some that are waterproof too. I actually read somewhere that wearing pantiliners because of the discharge from bv could actually just make it worse.
  • Posted

Hi krista

General useful info

pH refers to the vagina's acidity level. A vaginal pH of 3.5-4.5 indicates that there is a perfect amount of good bacteria (lactobacilli), and no overgrowth of the bad bacteria that can cause odor, irritation and sometimes infection. What makes pH rise higher than 4.5? There are a surprising number of triggers that can upset the vaginal ecosystem:

Menstruation: Blood has a pH of 7.4, so during your period, vaginal pH becomes elevated.

Tampons: Since they retain the fluids that cause pH to increase, tampons can contribute to the problem.

Intercourse: The pH of semen is 7.1 to 8.

Douching and cleansers: Any vaginal infusion of water or other fluids can affect vaginal pH. The pH of water is 7, and fragrances and perfumes can also irritate the vagina.

Menopause or pregnancy: These are times where hormones fluctuate, which is associated with elevated pH.

• Posted

Hi krista, I tried that, it didn't work for me. For chronic bv sufferers it's probably not as simple as that. Although, yes I agree about not using tampons. Just know that every time I saw a 'cure' on this site, I went and tried it and it didn't work to get rid of it completely. I just spent a lot of money going around the problem. Our bodies should be strong enough to deal with some stress and perhaps tampons for you were a stress too far. For others it may be many things. Therefore it is important to strengthen your immune system to be able to deal with all stressed as much as possible.
    • Posted

Hi anastasia 

so horrible is BV 

i must of been lucky as i got mine sorted with 3 nights of Clindamycin ovules followed by 3 nights of Laurimic thrush treatment ovules..

i followed Gynos instruction, and repeated it all above four weeks later ..

my BV was last year and due to menopause Ph changes, and picked up on a smear..  I had no odour just watery white discharge, and felt weird ..

i check my PH every two weeks and its spot on 4-4.5 

guess i was very lucky ..

they say multi Gyn is also good ..

stress no more Uk is a good site for all this stuff 

jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.