The Holiday’s Over!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just returned from a week’s holiday on the beautiful island of Kefallinia.  Although I came back last Thursday I was still ‘on holiday’ until this morning.  I didn’t go mad but equally I didn’t think twice about things.  If I wanted a beer I had one.  I work hard all year to be able to take holidays so I’m not going to spoil it by making myself miserable.  I didn’t take my little blue friends as anyone who has ever eaten a Greek meal will tell you, everything is either cooked in or dressed with copious quantities of olive oil.  Whilst I don’t mind leaving a little trail of bubbles in the pool I didn’t like the idea of trailing an oil slick!!

The end result of this is that I have gained 5lbs.  Some may think this is excessive but I am more than happy with that.  I still weigh much less than I usually weigh before I start my holiday!  I am equally determined to lose this as quickly as I gained it.  In any event I need to lose 6 pounds before July 3rd which is my next doctor’s weigh in, (I didn’t tell him I was going on holiday).

I am feeling relaxed and happy about things, which is how you should feel after a holiday and have surprised myself with how little I am bothered by the weight gain.  Normally after a holiday I berate myself for having so little self-control but maybe I am beginning to grow up a little bit, (I am 50 after all) and realise that I am only human.  Life is not a dress rehearsal and I don’t want to wait until I’m slim to start enjoying myself.  That said, I’ve got 74 days until my next holiday and I would like to be at least a stone lighter than I am today so here we go again…..

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This is a brilliant approach smile I love it and wish you losing a lot of pounds as fast as you are geining it during holiday.
  • Posted

I must admit I am anxious about my holidays and will I/won't I take the tablets - if I don't take the tablets then all the weight I have lost (12lbs so far!) will be for nothing - if I do take them - will I spoil the holiday for everyone else with I can't eat this or I can't eat that ?

I have my first weigh in with the doctor tomorrow to get more tablets so am also worried that 12lb won't be enough for me to get more tablets.

I have stuck over the past 2 weeks, even putting on 1.5lbs

Why, oh why is losing weight so bloody hard !!!!!

• Posted

Hi Lorraine.  Firstly any weight lost is never for nothing.  You're almost a stone lighter than you would have been had you not started your weight loss journey.  If you do put weight back on, (and there's nothing to say you'll put it all back on) if you get straight back on the diet and tablets when you come back it will soon come off.  I've already lost 2 lbs!  You don't say how much you have to lose but you have to look at it as a long term aspiration.  You probably didn't gain weight overnight so you're not going to lose it that way either.  Stick at it, do what you can but above all enjoy your holiday! xx

• Posted

Thanks for the kind words and good advice, I've got over 5 stones to lose and was having a wobble this morning. Well done with losing 2lbs already :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.