the human spirit

Posted , 2 users are following.

a great person once said to me you may be week in body and you may be afraid of your condition and fear your world is ending and if your week in mind your already dead and yes your not who you used to be but be greatfull for what you still have for the mind is a powerfull tool and the human spirit is a very powerfull weapon and nothing can take away our ability to face fear and beat it through the power of our mind and nothing can take away our will to survive and carry on and never give up the fight that person was my late mother in law who past of a brain tumor on the 21st of may and her words mean the world to me and i hope they inspire you all like they have me so join me and keep fighting and surviving whos with me

5 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I'm with her on those words. Be strong and fight on.

One day at a time and with the positive attitudes towards each new day is a good starting point.

Gentle hugs and have a great day. wink x

• Posted

to right we need to keep positive and her words mean the world to me it was the last thing she said to me and she also said even though i dont like to be considered disabled well i am as i cant do what other people do so like she said i need to own it and accept it and get on with my life 1 day at a time and enjoy it cause if i can get to the end of the day with the pain then the next day and so on then i can go the rest of my life with it and if fibro wants a war then give it 1 but thats what we have to do is fight it and keep a positive mind and always remember fibro can take our bodies and put them through hell but it cant break our human spirit 
  • Posted

Hi Derek..I am with you on that one, good words said by your late Mother in Law.
    • Posted

never a truer spoken by your mother in law bless her. battle on as best we can. going forwards keeping calm positive take care
    • Posted

She is with you derek in spirit, Im sure you have lovely memories of her she will always be in your heart. 
    • Posted

i know she is she was a strong person and her help and advice has helped me come to terms with fibro and i hope her words help to inspire others to be strong
    • Posted

She will always be with you. Those words of wisdom from your mum, you have kindly shared with us all. Her life still with you and will be forever.

Take care and getle hugs wink x

• Posted

thanks and i hope her words have not just inspired you but everyone else on this forum and she is with me in my heart and she was a kind caring person and i am greatfull for all she has done for me in life but now shes not hear i will always carry on to help and support others in her honor and i know she would be proud of me for that just like im proud to know all of you on this forum your support as well as others means the world to me as i know it does others on this forum and im proud of you all and im proud to call you all friends x
    • Posted

She will be so proud of you too. You are so caring to share with us all. Thank you. x
    • Posted

thats ok and thats what friends are for x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.