The Real Truth about Curing ANAL FISSURE

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I had an Anal Fissure less then a year ago that lasted more then two years. As we ALL Know, it is Very PAINFUL , i do not need to get into those details. I found this sight by trying to research cures on Anal fissures. And I tried just about all the remedies people have used and all. You might ask did it help. No it did not. Maybe to sooth for that moment. But i was still in excruciating pain. It was never ending. And after dieting and eating more fruits, veges, greens, taking laxitives, trying all those lubricants etc.. I decided to just have Surgery. It took a few months for the pain to go away. LITERALLY.. Its been about 10-months after having that surgery they removed the Fissure, and I had such a hard time with my stools passing becasue of constipation. But it wasnt what i was eating, it was the inconsistency of making a bowel movement. But the Pain is GONE. I will still have some trouble passing my stools becasue i have to push severly push. But I am 99 percent OK now after surgery. And my stools will pass very comfortably with no constipation if i have green spinach and a salad daily. 

I am thank ful for the surgery , i feel it has saved my life. And my agony i that was draining my body by the fissure. So my suggestion is to have the surger, " If none of the remedies have worked". I am a positive person. And i enjoy Life. But life is too short, and by all means lets just go straight to the point and fix it! Love you guys God bless

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with a fissure and hemorrhoids in August of 2016. I tried everything and finally had surgery on December 30th of 2016. The pain was and is still excruciating after bowel movements. I had a fissure in 2004 and had surgery and it returned last year. They say that you are more prone to getting fissures once you have had them. Fissures are the worse thing I have ever experienced and have destroyed my life. I am hoping that this recent surgery will work and my life will be back on track. Good luck to you. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

Hi melissa i was in exactly the same boat. Spent hours daily doing research and tried literally everything to make it go and nothing worked. I lost about 3 stone in weight, had botox, that made it worse and then had the sphincterotomy in october. I would say now im 90% healed but back to enjoying life, eating/drinking whatever i like :-). If anybody reads this and is in the pain i was in, dont waste anytime, get booked in for a sphincterotomy asap thats all that will cure it 100%.
    • Posted

Yes the sphincterotomy was definitely the route to go for me . I had the first one in 2004 and I just had the second one on December 30 of 2016 . I'm still experiencing pain following bowel movements and I'm having trouble having some bowel movements but the doctor said that is normal so I am continuing with stool softener sitz baths and a lot of water. I am a week from surgery so I hope that in the next week I start to feel better and back to my normal self and have my life back

• Posted

Hello, I was wondering if I could have some advice.. At the start of 2015 my gastro diagnosed a chronic anal fissure with skin tags. It is now 2017 and it has been with me ever since. I am under a lot of medication to help constipation but nothing is working. I have had three Botox injections but they haven't worked at all. And the only other option is surgery except many surgeons are worried about my future as I'm only 17. Did you have any problems after surgery?

Thank you 😊

• Posted

Hello. I had the surgery in 2004 and in 2016. I am still recovering from the 2016 surgery. I had no problems following the surgery in 2004. Surgery was the only thing that helped the fissure pain. Best of luck. Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Hi, your the same, bitox made things worse for me, i was on fybogel for about 6 months and that didnt work either. The sphincterotomy was the best thing for me. I know people say it can cause problems with holding in wind etc but to me that is better than the pain. I have had no problems after surgery, i was back to normal very quickly. Sometimes i let wind pass by accident but sure i did that before lol. Just get it done, you wont look back, i promise :-)
    • Posted

Im reading all these posts how botox is unsuccessful for many mine was successful for 4 yrs but fissure a has returned so having more botox surgery on wed now im worried this is not going to work, i suppose everbody is different though .
    • Posted

Best of luck !!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.