The time has come

Posted , 6 users are following.

My Husband will start his Radiotherapy next week as you can imagine we are anxious maybe me more so as I tend to read more about it.He has been on Horomone treatment since Jan this year, one of the 3 monthly injections did not work as his psa went up again.He will have 38 sessions of Radiotherapy.His Gleason score was a 7 4+3 and out of 12 biopsies 7 were Cancerous.He gets tired very easily and has sore boobs and he started taking sage for hot sweats which has really helped.

Wishing everyone Good Luck in their treatment.

4 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

PSA was 12.5
  • Posted

I wish you all the best of luck and here's hoping for a great outcome...
  • Posted

I do hope the RT goes well. I was similar except Gleason 8 and all my HT injections worked. Very encouraging results PSA was 18 at diagnosis 1.99 before RT 0.07 3 months after RT and 0.02 6 months after RT. 

Good that sage is helping. I find that tincture of sage works better than pills.

Wishing you excellent results.

• Posted

All the very best to your Husband and yourself Soso.  Perhaps to allay your anxieties the better option might be,  to speak to the Radiologists rather than continue to read journals and studies;  most of which need expert knowledge to interpret correctly.

Each individual case of PC is unique to itself as regards the side-effects of treatment and the eventual outcome and it is probably best,  to enquire of  the Radiology Staff as to how your Husband is travelling,  rather than scare yourself with lots of possibilities which may never occur.

Best Wishes,

Dudley

• Posted

Hi Soso,My hubby's going through the same as your man.  At the end of the month he goes for his scan to put the tattoos in the right place so just a little behind your man.    My problem (and his) is they gave him lots of Movicol and Enenamas,we can't work out when he takes these,we know he's best to have an Enenama before he goes for his scan to keep his bowel empty,and before the radiation,but are the rest for just in case he gets constipated?

If because your mans treatment is just in front of my man you've got any advice we would be grateful.  Look after each other.💕

• Posted

Hi Norma,From what I can gatheir about the enemas Is that you use them for 5 to 10 times in the beginning of RT and then the Radiologist will let you know if you have to use more.On our first app we have to be there an hour early so he will have the enema at home as that is 90 mins before hand and we don't live far from the hospital.That is my understanding maybe I am wrong.Will let you know how things are going for him.

Soso x

• Posted

I found the chemical enemas upset my bowel so I used water. I used nothing for treatments 10 and 11 (enemas officially stopped after treatment 10) but my rectum rapidly filled  half way through those treaments ( in thirty seconds of a 60 second treatment.). I was unhappy with that and used my water enema for treatments 12 to 37.
    • Posted

Thank you Soso,That's about what we thought,but I suppose it's wait and see.  I hope your Hubby done alright yesterday,and your worry was for nothing.  As they say we're all different and our bodies react differently,but from the people we've spoken to should be Ok.

You take care both of you.x

• Posted

Hi Soso,

your husband's situation and mine were very similar. i was diagnosed in late 2004 with PSA 11.0 and gleason 9. After 8 months on zoladex and a 2 month period of radiotherapy my PSA was 0.2where it stayed for almost 8 years. After 10 years in March this year  my PSA was 13.1. After a further 4 months of zoladex my PSA is 0.1. Hopefully by Oct 2015 I will be able to come off Zoladex. I am told i have done very well. Let's hope your husband will respond well and make a complete recovery. Good luck

• Posted

Well day 4 of Radiotherapy and all going well TG.A little bit of diahorrea but not too bad.The staff at the hospital are great and don't get paid near enough for all they do and the care they take of their patients.We are so lucky to have such good hospitals taking care of us.
  • Posted

Well my Hubby went for his scan on Friday ,ready for the radiotherapy,but they couldn't give him his tattoos as I put it,because he was dehydrated.

Thats due to him never being used to drinking much,so they gave him another appointment for today.  Since Friday he's been drinking more than 3lts of water with a dash of juice in it,and I found on the iPad Coconut Water is the best drink to hydrate you so he's also drank two cartons of that.

Today SUCCESS yippee now just got to wait for the appointment 

For the Radiotherapy.  Happy bunny today

• Posted

Norma Glad to hear that your husband is  near starting his treatment.I think we found the waiting the worst as you are what if and worrying all the time.Day 6 today and Thank God he is feeling well. Best of luck everyone
    • Posted

Hi,Soso, I'm pleased to hear your hubby's treatment has worked well and he's feeling alright. I'm following you ,because your hubby's treatment is just in front of my hubby,so I'd be very grateful if you kept us updated with how he is,so we can know what to expect.

Hes now just waiting for his appointment for Radiotherapy.  He has his second hormone injection next week,and I must say he's handled them very well he just gets a few hot flushes.  But alls well. Nice to know your hubby's fine,I think you learn more from the people who have the problem than you do from doctors. Good health to you both.  Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.