The timing is driving me crazy!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Several months ago my doctor attempted a uterine biopsy after diagnosing a fibroid to "rule out" anything worse related to my heavy bleeding.  She couldn't get her sample, she said she really didn't think it was anything other than the fibroid,  and my periods seemed to get better,  so I didn't go rushing back.

Then in September I pretty much bled all month, had an extemely heavy period with a lot of clots and flooding and then it tapered off and I had four whole days with nothing coming out of my body!  Good times!

Because of the mid-cycle bleeding, I set up another attempt at the biopsy. She gave me medication that is supposed to help, but I had houseguests for about a week and wanted to wait until after they were gone before I went in to the appointment.

Houeguests left Tuesday.  Period started Tuesday.  Still bleeding heavily today (Thursday) which was the day of the appointment, so I called to ask if she'd do it.  The office said no, we'd have to reschedule to a time when I was either only spotting or not bleeding.

Ugh....

The same thing happened when I went for my ultrasound.  They wouldn't do it because the appointment I set ended up coinciding with heavy bleeding days.

This is driving me crazy!  I really just want this all behind me!  

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Maestra, I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. That has been my issue for awhile now. The dr says it's imperative I am seen, but the receptionist won't make an appointment because of my bleeding. I have explained that I never know when the bleeding is going to stop. I have been bleeding incessantly for over 6 months now. I get a random day here and there that I call my "day break." Quality of life is horrible, I feel like I'm just existing at this point. Let me know what happens... Hugs.

• Posted

Hello

I really hope you feel better and get to put this behind you soon.

If you take asprin or advil maybe you should consider switching to mefenamic acid as the former may contribute to bleeding.

Meanwhile, take good care of yourself and eat lot's of iron and b-complex packed foods.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi, I had the same experience, it was impossible to get it done in the gynae's room, I was always bleeding and it was far too painful. In the end I had it done under sedation as minor surgery which was a breeze, and theybdidn't seem to care if I bled or not. All was OK, by the way.

• Posted

I know what you mean..i waited almost a month to see surgeon and aunt flo came to visit the day before appt, 1 week early so i had to reschedule.

Was lucky enough to get appt moved up to tommorow. Its tough being at the mercy of your own body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.