The Use of an E-Cig

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been cig free for over a month now using a good quality e-cig/vape unit, tried the small ones and they are awful. However I find that NHS wont support the use of an e-cig.. i have to say i've never felt better, my withdrawl symptoms are basically none (i stopped smoking for 3 months a few years ago using champix and it was a nighmare). Now I'm aware that this is risk reduction but so it the use of nicotine patches/chewing gum etc which i cant use as it brings me out in blisters or mouth ulcers. If you are struggling going down the "Normal" route I would strongly suggest you read up on e-cigs and the pros and cons.. but for me once i'd found a flavour of liquid i enjoyed as much as the taste of a cig i havent looked back. If i can do it so can you.. If you want any info.. links etc let me know..

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

How is this quitting smoking? Isnt it just a trade off. Who said this is better for your health? I am a smoker and i wish to the lord above i wasnt and would trade off in a flash if i thought it was real. I do like you didnt have withdrawl. I wouldnt know where to begin with this. How do you know which is safe meaning additives, what brand? I cant even take the pills they were horrible. Nicotine causes issues in itself. This is so hard and stressful.
    • Posted

Hi Lisa, I didnt say that it was quitting smoking, what i said was i am smoke free, my Dr confirmed I am now classed as a non smoker, my insurance company also class me as a non smoker (yep that surprised me as well). I'm still smoke free, My nicotine intake is down to 3mgs over 3 days rather than 12mgs each of the cigs i used to smoke. Its risk reduction for me, I have no want to go back to cigs and the idea is that i will go from 3mgs to 0mgs and then i will be free of it all. I stopped smoking for 3 months one time and i was so ill using the normal NHS ways i went right back to cigs, this time i'm 2 months 20 days cig free, i've saved myself £598.65 and not smoked 1203 cigs... And now thankfully the NHS England is now well on its way to  supporting the use of e-cigs - 95% better for you than smoking is what has been quoted. I use a vape which is slightly different. Its up to an individual, i did a lot of research before i tried this method. I smoked for over 35 years. If you look at Facebook there are loads of groups, they have lots of recommendations for what type to use, what the best liquids are but I would suggest that a visit to a vape shop so you can try the flavours (that's very important that you find one you like to replace the flavour of your cig, doesnt have to be a tobacco one it could be anything that takes your fancy) If you want a suggestion on what to use as a starter kit then please let me know, i will try and reply sooner, didnt get a message to say anyone had commented so apologies for my tardyness.
  • Posted

I think the e CIG is just replacing one habit with another I really do think the hand to mouth habit should be tackled hense why I'm trying champix , good luck tho smile
    • Posted

Hi Paulg, I tried Champix and other approved NHS cessation and they did me no good, side effects were awful, I like smoking but not the smell on me or my clothes and of course the unhealthy poisonous bit of it. However, I’m still not smoking, I vape and I’m enjoying it, I still get my time away from my desk at work, I can be in a room full of smokers or outside beside smokers and I’m not even tempted.  I’ve had no ill effects. It’s about risk reduction and yes I’m enjoying it. Good luck with the Champix and I really do hope it works for you.
    • Posted

His katspyjamas thanks for your support and welldone for getting off the cigs , this isnow day 6 since i last smoked a cig !! I feel great my taste seems to have returned and my smell. My partner smokes and was having a cig at the back door yesterday and the smell of it actually made me run to the toilet and throw up 😂 thats really the only side affects i have had from champix and an odd dream here n there. Again well done .😜
    • Posted

If you cant get your partner off the cigs, maybe a vape would be a good replacement? haha, well done you for having 6 days under your belt.. I track mine on an app that tells me how many  minutes of life i've saved and money (scary) smile
    • Posted

Dont think he is ready to stop tbh lol i gave up last year for 7 months using a vape but fell off the wagon when i went on holiday to turkey ! ! I need to get that app what is it called ?😜
    • Posted

I see whatever you posted in reply to me has been deleted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.