Theoretical question out for debate

Posted , 4 users are following.

We all know smoking is bad for us. I'm a 9 a day roll up smoker trying to cut down. I want to find which is healthier (if that's the right term!), smoking only half a cigarette and discarding the other half or rolling cigarettes to half length and smoking it all. Which method are you smoking more toxins?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am not sure.... I do know if you put a cig out and relite it its not good. 

I am looking for something to help me quit I have tried medication it's not for me.  Do you know of anything?

• Posted

Yes  - I agree with you entirely but I just got to thinking I wonder if less toxins actually reach the body if you only smoke the first half as some of them are held in the remaining unsmoked tobacco. All a bit pathetic and pointless really but I'm just curious!
  • Posted

Hi Elaine

some would say what ever you find suits you I had been a smoker for a lot of years tried everything from patches to gum none worked for me I have been on the vapour cig for 10 weeks maybe that would help you cut down

good luck

• Posted

Hi Elaine,

Knowing that its the toxins in the smoke/tar, 2 years ago i switched to e-cigarettes. They are not for everyone but you get your nicotine fix but without all the toxins and poisons that come with the tar.

If you want to reduce the risks, I would suggest a 'scientific' approach. The smoke/tar is the bad guy.

Good luck

Tapman

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.