These drugs are poison, and people should be trialed for crimes against humanity.

Posted , 4 users are following.

H

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE JOSH ....AND WHAT IS MORE - WHEN I CONSIDER WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO ME OVER THE PAST THREE YEARS I JUST WISH I HAD THE MONEY TO TAKE BIG PHARMA ET AL TO COURT.
  • Posted

Ive ended up in a&e with numbness and heaviness in my right side, to which my heart rate was 140, then from 140 to 100 on an ecg, which then was done again, when they previously didnt even want to do one, simply putting every symptom down to panic, the ecg was fine, now i have spoke with my doctor, and he will not discuss physical symptoms with me, nor will they admit that its possible i have felt adverse effects to a statin drug, quoting a study of 80mg in the elderly with no coq10 depletion only slight after a year.

Now because i have had panic attacks recently which lead to me taking the statin as someone said if you are worried about cholestorol take one of my statins, and obviously panicking i would take anything i thought was going to help or ease my mind but since i took it i felt adverse effects very fast but now everything is put down to panic, muscle weakness that i feel as soon as i wake up, hot flushes, numbness in arms, i even have a sort of shaking tremoring lightly like bloodflow feeling throughout my body,dizziness and lightheadedness even bowel problems are not possibly statin related, yes I took one statin 40 mg that is all but i had taken oxandrolone dont know how they interact, but it has had this effect, I know because 2 hours after i got cramp in my finger from nowhere, and then my muscles twitched, and stiffened for at least a week while tremoring they got really sore and tender as if i had torn them, all over my body, then i could barely walk up and down the stairs without feeling incredibly sick and unwell, family remarked how pale i was but once again put it down to anxiety and no sunlight, I even became short of breath just talking to people, this was all not in a panic induced state and i feel very weak constantly like theres no strength in my body, im only 24 years old, and now people will not take me seriously, its been a month nearly and i dont really feel any better, ive been prescribed fluoxetine, and im taking it but i fear that, there is no help for these physical symptoms, and now my family are telling me im a lunatic, im so frustrated, i also am sensitive to sound it is hurting my ears this is all new to me, the doctor even said, even if the statin had affected me there is nothing he can do about it now, and it would be put down to unexplained medical condition, now i have to go to cbt etc. this is going to help with the anxiety but it doesnt change how bad i feel everyday, and i cant get any relief from that, because people will not believe that it is real....there is certainly a stigma with mental health to be taken seriously. 

im very upset, because i know how i feel and i cant be taken seriously just because ive had panic attacks and now there is something wrong with me, that people wont believe. it feels like, only until i have an event will i get taken seriously. very scary.

• Posted

Many people take them with no side effects, but many of us who do (or in my case) did experience severe negative effects.

IF you feel so strongly about it, have you researched if there's a class action against the statins manufacturers in your country and if not, find a lawyer who'll start one?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.