these pills are a god send!

Posted , 3 users are following.

:D I cannot tell you how much my periods have improved since taking these tablets combined with mefenamic acid for pain relief, i have endometritis and i could not get through the first few days without these, i have experienced no side effects whatsoever,

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I totally understand, I've been on tranexamic acid for my periods for about two years and it has transformed my experience of life during my period. I dont think you could understand if you hadnt had this issue- how freeing it is, YAY! Only side effect I get is a sort of tight dry headache after a few days.
  • Posted

so these tablets actually work then
  • Posted

I'm almost 48 years old; I had heavy bleeding for 3 months - have no back issues, do not drink alcohol or coffee, I eat healthy; I'm generally overall healthy. I lead an extremely busy lifestyle but not stressful. When the bleeding started, everything else stopped to the point where I was missing work because of the weakness, pain, dizzyness. Went to alot of doctors and clinics to figure out why this was happening - ultrasound, xrays, etc. No fybroids or cysts - told that i'm probably in the beginning stages of menopause; the last doc I saw was a ob-gyn; prescribed Tranexamic pills and I've been in heaven ever since. It took 2.5 days for the bleeding to stop; I did stay on them for an extra week but then started weening myself off for fear that if I stopped altogether, I'd start bleeding again. For almost 2 months I had very little bleeding; although it was irregular, and very light, anything was better than what I had been through. I started them again last week (Aug 20th) after another week of heavy period and then 2 days of heavy clotting - my period has stopped again as of this morning (Aug 25th). Am going to be going for an ablation, but this medication is keeping my lifestyle intact while I await my surgery date.

This medication is a god send. I was skeptcial as well as I am with any pills... I too don't like taking anything 'unnatural' or upsets the balance of my body - I would highly recommend it.

On another note, it's very nice to read these blogs to have an understanding that i'm not alone in this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.