Thick white vaginal discharge, help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm very prone to BV and have been treated for it twice very recently. Last week me and my boyfriend had sex but used body lotion instead of an actual lubrication. I now have thick white discharge, slight itching but not all the time? I'm really not sure what it is, any advice would be appreciated!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Omg.. NEVER, do that again. You have thrown your body's natural Ph balance off. It is likely you now have a yeast infection, which cause cottage cheese like discharge and itching. Get over the counter monistat 7, the other ones do not ever work that claim one or three days. Also get a daily probiotic. This will help balance out your body, as it sounds like you don't have enough good bacteria. Taking this daily will stop you from getting bacterial vaginosis and yeast infections.
  • Posted

Hi Jessica9987. It sounds like it could be vulvovaginal candidiasis (thrush). You can try clotrimazole 1% topical cream (available as Canestan) and see if that resolves things after 5-7 days. If your symptoms are worsening or do not resolve, you should seek medical attention from your GP as you may need vaginal swabs especially if you have recently been treated with metronidazole.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.