Think I've found my cure - No More Soy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been suffering with this insane itching for over 15 years and I don't need to tell you all what it's like. I couldn't for the life of me fathom why I had been afflicted with this and began to think of my life from a historical point of view, you know I moved here at this time and started this job then etc etc. Well it occured to me that around 15 years ago Soy milk came into my life due to a milk allergy. The soy helped with many problems caused by dairy so I always considered it a good thing. The itching started around the same time but I never saw the connection and I always assumed it was being caused by something external not from my gut.

So when I had this dawning revelation about 2 month ago I stopped drinking soy milk and cut out all soy products from my diet and the result has been fantastic. The night time itching has stopped completely and my skin has finally been able to heal. My brain still focuses on the area constantly waiting for the itching to start and I think this will be the hardest thing to overcome. Otherwise I think I'm cured!

So I would never normally go on a forum like this but I thought if this has helped me I really should tell people about it in the off chance it may help them as well. Surely I couldn't be the only person in the world that soy would affect in this way. Soy is also used in many food products these days and may be something that has been completely overlooked in people's elimination diets, I know I overlooked it!

Ok signing out. Hope you all find your cure. No one deserves to suffer from this!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jamie I'm glad you came on here to let us all know of your success after eliminating soy from your diet.. that's great!!!  BUT I avoid soy as much as humanly possible.... and Canola oil and excitotoxins like MSG... aspartame or any chemical sugar etc.  That said i think anything we put into our mouths effects our body so for you and others like you it might work .. awesome!  For me it was trying to avoid sugar (other than in fruit ) I think that made a huge difference for me.  That's probably why so many of us are aflicted with this awful itch ... there's so much crap out there esp. in processed food. Soy and canola are CHEAP and that's why it's in everything today but more than that it's just so unhealthy.  And we wonder why we're getting sicker and sicker!  I'm grateful for all that come onto this site to let us know what works for them  ... all pieces to this puzzle.
    • Posted

Hi Kurious

You are right about the problem being caused by all the cheap crap processed foods out there. I mentioned Soy being the thing that finally solved the problem for me but I had already eliminated many other things from my diet including sugar, most dairy products and processed foods and additives. So I can't say it was just Soy but until I eliminated soy it didn't go away, so it was the final piece in my puzzle. 

​Interestingly I used to suffer from regular headaches and when I gave up sugar these stopped so I'm a big believer in the ill effects of certain foods and food additives. Yes stay away from anything artificial!

• Posted

Hi Jamie reading this just makes me wish i was drinking soya milk, maybe then id have some hope of some relief too. Glad you found whats contributing to your suffering and have been able to cut this out of your diet. As you say no one deserves to be suffering from this .
    • Posted

Hi Susan sorry my info isn't any help to you but don't give up. Your trigger may not be soy but I'm convinced modern food processing and additives are a big part of this so maybe it's something else in your diet? Soy milk can be highly processed and it may be something to do with the type of processing being common to several food types. Also soy is in many foods these days from chocolate and bread  to musli bars and soups. I would regularly eat Tofu in asian food which is fermented soy milk and fermented soy paste is the base for Miso soup and many other sauses so maybe you are consuming more soy than you realise. I did read that soy allergies are closely linked to other nut allergies so perhaps the soy is just my main trigger and there are other factors as well. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.