Thinking about going to my GP?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm thinking of going to my GP and getting my fingers checked out as I am definitely sure that I have Raynaud's and to be honest nothing works, it affects me when I wash my hands in cold water, cold weather and taking things out of the freezer, I'm wondering would he put me on Nifedipine, I am sick of the pain it causes, even when I get into a warm building, the pain continues until my fingers warm up. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

jonathan I went to see my GP last year because I'd had symptoms of Raynauds for about 45 years. I couldn't remember a winter without chilblains. My doctor prescribed Nifedipine and last winter I didn't get one chilblain despite having the beginning of one in the August when I saw my GP. After 2 days of Nifedipine it disappeared. My hands are warmer as well. Go and see your doctor. You won't regret it.
  • Posted

I have had Raynaud's for 7 years now. My fingers never hurt, they just loose the circulation and go frrezing cold. I had some High pressure medicines at the beggining as treatment, even though my pressure was normal but had to quit because of side effects.
  • Posted

Go to see your doctor asap. I had four admissions to hospital for Flolan infusions. Worked a treat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.