Thinning/balding hair at back of head (at bottom by neck)

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there, as the pictures show you, and as the title explains, I'm 25 years old fairly healthy, I work out a lot, a stable weight, i remember always having this here or atleast from when I was 17 and started to grow my hair it never grew very well there! As you can see it's not bald it's just extemely thin and lack of growth, never really bothered me to much until the other day when my hair dresser for the first time raised it up! I was mortified I was so embarassed, she started rambling on about getting to the docs ASAP and having blood tests and alsorts honestly I was shocked! Any advice or ideas would be great, anything to ease my paranoid mind!

My phone is not allowing me to upload a pic Grrr so once home I shall!

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Are you male or female?
    • Posted

It  sounds like Alopecia areata where the  hair should grow back, but see  your  doctor  anyway..
    • Posted

I do know that it can be a shock to the system, but if you really want to know what the problem is, then your doctor should be able to help.

On the face of it I don't think you have a lot to worry about.

• Posted

Thank you very much for your replies, I'll still upload a pic when I can!
  • Posted

here is a pic, looks bad in this, possible that it looks worse under the lighting at the time.
    • Posted

It doesn't look like pattern Alopecia, as I said it looks more like Alopecia areata.

Get to the doctor.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your time and advice, i will go docs soon as possible, im panicing like crazy now, best stay away from google lol..
    • Posted

Google will only tell you everthing good and bad.

Don't waste your time on it.

• Posted

I hope things get better.  Thank you for sharing...jb
  • Posted

Hi Ben, Have you found out the problem? i have the same situationa and would love to know why if you have figured it out.

Thanks Ben!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.