Thinning hair - has anyone tried a hair topper?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there

I have always had fine hair and unfortunately  I come from a family of people with very fine hair.

However, I feel since turning 40 my hair has started to receed slightly at the temples and is fine enough on top that when I look in the mirror and there is a downlighter above I can see my scalp-it really does get me downsad

I have googled various things and have come across several websites advertising real hair wig toppers and they clip-in.  I have seen the demos on youtube and they look really good.

Has anyone had any experience with these?  I would really appreciate your advice thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've been using propecia for the past 5 years.  I've noticed a big difference.  It's definitley filled in some of the thinning areas a bit, but mostly it's kept me from losing any more.  It's a prescription and can be expensive (per month).  I travel to India once a year for business and buy a generic version there (for what I'd pay for a one month's supply here, I get a 6 month supply in India!).  So, it's up to you, but I'd say check it out.  It's worked for me.  
    • Posted

Hi, I just wondered where you actually buy the finasteride from in India. Can you just walk in to a pharmacy, or do you need to arrange for it to be ordered? Thanks
  • Posted

never heard of them but   most hair toppers   need looking after  just like real hair  etc and would be   quite hot in summer months,  i have what you have, and  my  local GP,s  didt seem that bothered  no 1 in my  family as any hair loss isues not even the males,  ive had  numerous  blood tests they found 0  wrong with me, mine started  when i was 32 im now  49   loss is  on crown and thinning  all over   , so what i found handy  was a brown  hair  spray you style  your hair  how youd  have it   etc and  spray in   near roots   the brown spray  finish off with a bit if hair spray   washes out easily,   but   cost can range   from £11  a can up to 25  a can depending what brand you buy,  cheaper on ebay  buy in bulk   ,  ive  quite a bit of hair loss  but not enough  id want to wear a wig etc as yet , but mine doest grow back whats lost stays lost , weird and annoying i know think its much worse for a woman than a  guy to lose hair too..
  • Posted

Hi there

Can you please tell me the name of the project you purchase from India?

Thanks.

• Posted

Hi,

Been looking into Propecia for a few months now and I have read all the stuff re side-effects etc but still think it’s a viable option.

Can anyone tell me where is best to purchase Propecia at a good price and is legit please? Paying £50 per month is just too expensive for me.

Cheers for any help.

Mike

• Posted

Hi,

Been looking into Propecia for a few months now and I have read all the stuff re side-effects etc but still think it’s a viable option.

Can anyone tell me where is best to purchase Propecia at a good price and is legit please? Paying £50 per month is just too expensive for me.

Cheers for any help.

Mike

• Posted

Hi I used to wear one when my hair started thinning it helped

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.