This f$&#ing fibroid !

Posted , 9 users are following.

Today, it feels like this fibroid is choking me, I am constantly belching. It feels like it's sitting so high up. Anyone have days like these. The Dr suspects that it's pendunculated and sitting on top of my uterus. And about the size of a soccerball.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melanie, yes I feel like that when I try to do certain things, my fibroids don't affect my eating initially as they're not as high (they're intramural), but if I get trapped wind or constipation it can be agony. Since taking this course of Esmya at least my sciatica seems to have diminished, but otherwise I haven't seen much shrinkage. Hang in there!
    • Posted

I was having difficulty sleeping as I would wake in the night with an aching back, having to sleep in the Foetal position to alleviate it, then when I got up in the morning it was agony to straighten up. But I'm fine at the moment.
    • Posted

I was having difficulty sleeping and i still am even though i have had surgery 8 weeks ago!  I have resorted to Herbal sleeping tablets which have in hops, valerian and passionflower and i must say i get about 5 hours sleep a night now which is awesome!
    • Posted

Since having fibroids I have found sleeping with a cushion between my knees helps as I sleep mostly on my side. I think that is also supposed to also be good for backs as keeps you more aligned !  I have just found that to be more comfortable now. 
    • Posted

Thanks for that. I sleep bad n toss alot but i will try that😊👍 I sleep on my side also.
  • Posted

I think it might be squishing my gallbladder. My right side right under my ribs are so sore!!
  • Posted

Have you considered treating the fibroids with Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE)?

Esmya is a recent addition to medicines used to tune patients up for surgery when in reality patients don't need to have surgery at all. UFE is an outpatient nonsurgical procedure that treats all of the fibroids. It has a very high success rate ~90% and the vast majority of women get the relief they're looking for, avoid major surgery, keep all of their parts, and don't need any other procedure for their fibroids ever. 

• Posted

There are many women on this forum who have had UFE and have needed further treatment for further fibroids.  Unfortunately I dont think any treatment is totally foolproof except for a sub-total hysterectomy which alot of us dont want.
    • Posted

The vast majority of patients that undergo UFE don't need anything else particularly if they're over 40 when they undergo the procedure. The problem largely is the Interventional Radiologists must follow up their patients and not abdicate this responsibility to the Gynecologist. Patients should be seen and evaluated 3 months after UFE with a contrast MRI. It is the only imaging study (ultrasound won't do) that tells you if the fibroids are completely dead. If not, it is usually due to ovarian collateral supply which can be fixed (embolized) if the patient is not interested in fertility. But if you dont folllow up these patients will recur down the road as the living part of the fibroid will grow to cause a recurrence of symptoms if the patient is still premenopausal.
  • Posted

Lol you made me smile, thank you Melanie28657

Thats how i feel about them too!  My belching only started after my surgery really, had terrible wind and belching.

I find that ginger or peppermint help.

All the best

• Posted

Ah Melanie your post was so incredibly relatable that it totally made me smile.. My biggest fibroid also sits on top of my uterus and it makes me feel nauseous everytime I bend over even a little bit to tie my shoes - to the point that I've got really good at lighting up my feet backwards and doing up the laces while trying to balance myself! Hang in there smile
  • Posted

New symptom. Mid,upper back ache.it's freaking me out!
  • Posted

Hi Melanie, I was just wondering what did your doctor recommend as a treatment option.I had the UFE procedure done in 1997 but it seems as though my fibroids came back with a vegeance. My gynecologist seems to think that they are not problematic but I know otherwise. I'm actually starting to behave and move like I'm 4 months pregnant. Since I'm now 42 I was thinking about having the procedure done again but they may still come back so I was wondering if you or anyone on this forum have considered a partial hysterectomy. I can deal with having to pee every 40 minutes and having to burp like an infant after meals but I will not walk around looking like I'm 5 months pregnant. 
  • Posted

Hi.... I'm fed up with it all. Been going on since November 2015 when I started bleeding. I have multiple fibroids the biggest being 11x11x11 CMS. I feel packed all the time from under the ribs down to my pelvis ESP when sitting. So uncomfortable all of the time. I've just had my 1st zoladex implant. Having 6 mths worth to prepare for hysterectomy 😢. Any one else on it? I'm dreading side affects although getting headaches and so lethargic already( had implant last Tuesday)! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.