This has really helped me

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi everyone, I have been suffering with this embarrassing and painful condition for around 18 years.  Admittedly, my case is a mild case in clinical terms, but as I am affected in my groin, it has been bad enough to prevent me from having a sex life.I've done most of what is often recommended to try and get it under control, but  Recently, I bought myself a nutribullet. I've been doing a juice a day and I have seen a massive difference.  I would say that it has improved my condition by about 90 per cent, and I have only been doing it for a month.  Here is my recipe :

1/2 capsule full of organic spinach

few cubes of fresh pinneapple

handful of blueberries or summer fruit berries (mixed)

1/2 a banana

1/2 apple

1 X table spoon of hemp (shelled)

1 X tablespoon chia seeds

3 X apricot kernels (be careful with these as they contain cyanide!)

blend

drink immediately.

not only is it delicious but I am hoping that you all see the amazing improvement that I have seen.  My breakouts no longer ooze smelly pus and the bumps caused by tunnelling from years of this horrible disease have gone down considerably.

give it a go. You owe it to yourselves.  You need to do it for at least a month religiously to see the difference.  I hope this works as well for you as it has for me.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rebecca , I am totally new to the juicing craze so I wonder if you could tell me how you came up with this recipe? Where would I find it and other recipes for this condition! There is no cure for HS as yet but I'm impressed you have a 90% improvement in just about a month at one juice a day! Wow, well done, I don't have a juicer but I think I could borrow an old one from a friend! Do you use several recipes??? 

Louise 🤗

• Posted

Hi,

I havent changed anything else about what I've been eating - I was actually juicing to try to lose a few pounds and didn't expect it to have an effect on the HS, but it is very definately better than it was by miles!!  No breakouts or anything and a real reduction in the amount of oozing to pretty much nothing.  But I have done it every day religiously, and have found one juice a day has had this effect, but you could have a juice for brekky, one for lunch and a regular meal in the evening.

I use a nutribullet - not a regular juicer.  They are about £80-90 GBP in the shops. They are better because they keep the fibre in the fruit, whereas with a regular juicer, you lose that. The recipe I found and put in my earlier email was actually from the Nutribullet book that comes with the machine.  I added the superfoods myself (and in my opinion the chia and hemp seeds are a must - it may well be that that is having the positive effect,  just as much as the juice itself!)  The apricot kernels are good for preventing cancer, but as they contain cyanide, you only want 2-3 of these per day!) You want the raw/sour type and not the sweet type as they do not contain the beneficial properties.  I just add these into the mix myself so they aren't in the recipe book.

Sometimes I use blueberries, sometimes mixed summer berries (backberries, blackcurrants and so on) - but you can pretty much have anything you want in the nutribullet - even carrots if you chop them first.

I haven't had any problems with ringing the changes with the juice, I usually use organic spinach as the base of the juice, but you can also use chard or kale.  You should have more vegetables than fruit in the juice overall - the sugar is natural of course, oh and don't forget to put a little water in the mix so  that it is not too thick to drink!!

Best of luck.  I truly hope that this is helpful and that you get the same great results I've been lucky enough to have.

Bex xx

• Posted

Juicing could be successful because you've cut back on nightshade vegetables...

Research "nightshade vegetables and HS".

• Posted

Hi there...

well, actually I tried before to cut nightshades out of my diet before but they don't seem to affect me.  I haven't changed anything else about what I'm eating or drinking. The juicing (or rather nutri-bullet,) and the superfoods I have been eating (chia, hemp and apricot kernels) are honestly the only changes I have made. But I have done it every single day.  I was actually using the nutribullet thinking I might lose a few pounds, as I just came to accept that nothing was going to make a difference to the HS.  It is not a complete cure, but as I say, I have definately experienced a very significant improvement indeed. 

• Posted

Everyone seems to have different ways of managing it... that sounds really successful, congratulations Rebecca.

FYI I juiced for about 6 months... vegies mainly with a few blueberries and kiwi fruit and lemon...  didn't help me at all.

• Posted

Hi ya,

its so difficult to find things that really work, isn't it? I have had every anti-biotic under the sun, in cream and pill form, the doctors at hospital gave me ruaccutane which is a horrible drug and the condition comes back as soon as you finish the course of tablets, and I'd also tried turmeric tea, applying organic apple cider vinegar with the mother topically, fizzy zinc tablets (which did actually help but only a little).

can I ask, did you have smoothies or juice? the juice I have been drinking is more of a smoothie which I make in a nutribullet (which by the way has been much better than other juicers because they keep the fibre in the drink, whereas you lose a lot of those benefits if you use a classic juicer).

i have a friend who is a nutritionist and she also thinks that the improvement I am seeing is down to the superfoods I've been adding to the smoothie/juice).  I've been adding a big heaped tablespoon of shelled hemp seeds and the same of chia seeds. My friend thinks this is down to the high level of the omegas present, particularly in the chia seed.  So I am upping my dose of those to see if my condition improves any further - but it's made a significant difference to me so far. I still haven't had any breakouts and the tunnels under the skin are so much less inflamed, and there is less weeping and leaking than I have ever had since it started.

give it a try if you can, you need to do it at least once a day, religiously, you mustn't skip a day. I started to see and feel a real difference after a full month.  I do eat a reasonably healthy diet with lots of fresh veg, but I do have some sugar in my diet and as I haven't changed anything else about what I eat, what I wash with or what I wish my clothes with, I can only attribute the improvement to this.

good luck in your experiment - let me know how you get on with it. I really hope you find something that works. It's a horrible disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.