This is about Doctors

Posted , 5 users are following.

First of all I would like to thank all the men on this post that I have talked to and I hope I do not afend anyone. One of the men on here told me that I should not talk about the doctors. I have nothing against Doctors.  I have a heart doctor for 15 years  A GP for the last 10 and a urologist for going on a year.  I trust these doctor with my life. But that does not means I take there word. They are giving us there medical opinion. I look up anything on the internet to know what there are giving me or are looking to do.......  No one will do anything to me that I don't give my permission first.  That happen once and it will never happen again. We as men in this day and age have all the medical and technology that we can live long and enjoy all parts of are lives for longer then our fathers.  There are so many pills and procedures now a day that may help your problems but with anything there are side effect.  Be aware of all and what ever you dicide you are the one that has to deal with it.  Not your Doctor  Take care and good health  Ken       

4 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No controversy here.  What you are espousing here is just plain good common sense!  I practiced law here in the States & the crap that can & does happen is nothing here is short of amazing.

That's not to say it happens all the time but....INFORMATION is a patient's best friend-just like it should be for a doctor.  Good information can be any persons' best friend but life being what it is...

• Posted

Kenneth;  Iam with you Brother!!!!  I have gone to the same "Urology Clinic" for 20 years. Now listen to this.  They have over 20 Urologists in this huge Clinic.  Do you think even one of them does the "PAE"-NOPE!!!!!   Do you think even one of them does the "UROLIFT"-NOPE!!!!   My point is a simple one.  They are all very comfortable in their "Comfort Zone" of doing the Gold Standard Turp and making a boat load of money out of turning guys into castrated human beings.  When I ask 3 different urologists at the clinic that I have gone to now for over 20 years about these "New Procedures" I always get the "same lame answer".  Oh they are "experimental in nature and have not got a long enough track record yet".   That is why Iam "branching out"  and now investigating very thoroughly the "Urolift".  But since I was told the same thing with the PAE which I have already done and it has not helped me Iam being a little more careful before I do the Urolift.  I have contacted 2 different doctors that do the Urolift and am waiting to get some solid answers.  You know the "Biggest Problem" with these new procedures?????   There's a very small number of guys that have had it done so you can't really get alot of data and results on them.   Kenneth, I hope you are continuing to do well.  You are a really good man.

• Posted

Yes chuck all is going well.      It has been 4 weeks.  Lets say all is working good.      I think any man that has postate problems should have a urolift before the doctors start cutting away. It was a very easy surgery and my doctor was great.      I had more problems with the catheter then with the urolift.   Men that have had a catheter know how it feels to pee when it is taking out  it burned and had a little blood but it was gone after a couple of days..  You don't have one with a urolift but my urologist knows me and he was concerned. He new what was best. That's why I think he is the great  He know my feeling about the catheter after the horror I went tru in the hospital. But we talked and I gave him my permission do it.  We have to have faith and trust in our doctors. Because we what the best for ourselve. I will say this once again.  If you are still interested in sex don't let them cut away at the prostate. ED is only 10% but retrograde ejaculation is 65% and it hurts after.   Please before you decide anything look up all the side effects on aything you have done and be ready for them because all are permanent.  Take care.  Ken  (  Chuck e-mail me anytime will talk )         
  • Posted

Ken,

I just had my urolift procedure last friday and like you, catheter was inserted. Anyway, I am on day 4, uro doc took the catheter out and I am still struggling to pee (weak). I was told my bladder is still trying to adjust.My concern now is the urge to urinate all the time. They said its because of the catheter and will go away in a few days. Did this happen to you? They said it will take some time. If it happened to you, were you given a medication? I have read  your posts and it took you almost a month to feel the benefit of the procedure. I am taking codeine right now for pain reliever because it hurts when I pee. Please let me know if everything that I am experiencing did happen to you. I really appreciate your insight about this since the procedure is new . Thanks again.

• Posted

Hello.  You will feel much better in a few weeks.  The first week after the cathether was taking out there was burning and it felt like I had to go all the time.  I am taking no pills the side effects are not good.  My urologist gave me Hydrocodone for pain.  It has been 5 weeks and I am peeing great.  Some days are better then others but I think it the amount of water I'm drinking  I go 2 or 3 time a day But I sleep all night.  Before I got up 4 or 5 times a night.  Just give it some time we all heal in our own way.  I think it the best time I did for myself  Take care and happy healing  Ken    
  • Posted

Hi Kenneth;  I just sent you an email.   ChuckP

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.