This is just a comment

Posted , 12 users are following.

I'm just very p*ssed off and I just had to vent.  There is a gentlemen on this site that as been on here asking alot of questions and we all have tryed to answer them.  What get me is that he is going to have a surgery from a doctor that could care less about him.  I would never let a doctor touch me that does not show some concern for the patient. .  When this guy told the doctor his fears and concern thes doctor told him to stop wasting his time that he would do the surgery the way he want because he is the doctor and knows best.....Life is to short to have someone treat you like that.  With any procedure we should have our fears and concerns answered not but on the side.  If a Doctor would do that to me I would go see another doctor.  Take care all and I hope you have your questions answered before you have anything done..Ken    

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good advice. Ken. I've also followed many of the postings on this site over the past year, and cannot believe some of the arrogance shown by a minority of doctors. Knowledge is everything, and this website is invaluable for sharing patients' experiences. It enables us to challenge or at least ask intelligent questions about the advice we are given, and we should not be afraid to seek second opinions when something seems wrong.

• Posted

I wanted a quote to have windows replaced. I went over types and designs but the saleman said that he would tell me what I wanted. I opened the door and told him to be on his way. We also have to do that with medicine men.
  • Posted

Even if it costs money a second opinion is worth its weight in gold as it either confirms the first Doctor as being right or offers an alternative solution. Just reading the posts on here shows how differently we all react to what should be similar treatment.
    • Posted

Makes one wonder how good the surgeons have been or if the person had the wrong type of procedure for their condition.

I've had GL laser (2005) Thulium/Holmium (2013) with quick rcovery and no after problems either time. My only complaint is that my flow has not been like that racehorse people compare themselves to,   

• Posted

So is it safe to assume the GL wasn't as effective as first claimed? I've never heard if Thulium/Holmium. Looks like it is a bit superor to HOLEP. I'm guessing you have RE,right? How was recuperation time? Bleeding? Other side effects?

• Posted

It was effective in all other ways and no RE.But the weed that most prostates are regrew. Then Tamsulosin reduced my ejacultion and started me on the way to RE that the second procedure completed.

Thulium/Holmium is rather similar to HoLep in that the first part cuts away tissue that is saved for a histology report and the second tidies up and smooths surfaces. He saved 37 grms of tissue for the lab.. 

• Posted

Can you tell me which surgery you had which did not cause RE?  Sorry to hear that Tamsulosiin caused you to have RE. 

Sam

• Posted

Green Light PVP. It's not just the surgery but depends a lot on the area they have worked on and the care taken and avoiding the blader neck area.

As I have said here before when I asked the nurse at my GP's surgery which drug she has most complaints about she said Tamsulosin. I said by men and she replied 'No, by their wives'  

• Posted

If you use a doctor that conveys that attitude there are two things you should realize. One this doctor is very stupid to say that to a patient that is footing this size of a bill.And two, this patient that was told that  will absolutely to get what he deserves if he is stupid enough to continue with that doctor. Doctors are nothing more than a modern day auto mechanic and they only know the disciplined proceedure that they are taught and that is very limited. You ususally have no options other than that with western doctors. They are not going to help you understand and pursue options. What a risk this person is taking. 
    • Posted

You should never do the first thing you are told without getting all the imformation you can.  If you start to ask questions and your doctor tell you your wasting his time.  Then you need to get a new doctor.  There are some that are out there you just have to look.   You are asking there opinion not have them tell you what they are going to do.  I have a great urologist he answers all my question and we talk about my concears and fears.  Anytime I have a question or someone on here will ask me something All I have to do is e-mail him and I get a reply.  Men just keep on looking for the good doctors Don't be talked into anything you will be sorry for later.  Ken

• Posted

I am visiting currently four doctors before I make a decision on the proceedure and who will preform it. I am spending what is a lot of money to me to do this. But, after all, since i only have a 20 more natural years left, this is only my health and how the results of the treatment relates to my enjoyment of life after the proceedure. i am telling the doctors that this is a consultation but really, it is an interview. One of the questions I ask each one of these doctors at the end of the meeting is, "if you had this condition right now, what would you do and who would you go to for your treatment". Obviously they can't do there treatement to themselves! I have gotten some very very interesting answers which tells me a lot about them. 

• Posted

That is a very good way to look at it. Do they have your cancerns and do they answer your questions.  I like the one that say Everything will be the same.   They don't know that for sure.  That is a text book answer.  My urologist is very good and I do trust him But I do not give up total control.. With some of the procedure that cut and distroy the prostate I told him once that how can a man do some of the thing to another man know what is going to happen.  He never answered me He just smiled.  Get all the information before you pick a procedure.  Way the pros and cons  Take care  Ken  

• Posted

I agree. Go see another Urologist.  Because of the Internet, doctors better be really careful what they say. The public, can look up information on any subject, including medicine and medical procedures, so a doctor, has got to be truthful.  Hard to play God, now!
  • Posted

And, we should publish the name and location of the doctor.

Neal

• Posted

No. Bad idea. You can not know the whole story. Posting the

name is a bad idea for many reasons.

• Posted

Yes that would be nice.  You can find some information on the internet sometimes it true   Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.