This pain is making me insane

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey, I've had 5 surgeries all together, 3 drainages, 1 excision and the latest was the rhomboid flap repair... I've had nothing but pain since that operation which was 8 months ago, doctors have put it down to nerve pain but keep giving me pain killers to keep it at bay, pain killers arnt working one bit, there's a tiny pin hole up the top of my scar, I'm seeing the surgeon again on Monday to get it looked at, but I'm so worried they'll tell me there's nothing that can be done... The pain is basically constant. There's no sign of the cyst coming back, the dr did say possible fluid build up again, she said I might end up having an exploratory surgery... Has anyone been thru this after the flap repair? I'm at my wits end I can't live in pain anymore. Thank you for reading

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I recently had this surgery.

Hole is there small one. pain is also there at times. but I am not taking pain killers. and at present applying some antibiotic tube.

Tomo have visit to doc, let's see. as I am also worried if pain remains then what?

and may I know from where you got it done?

and are u able to sit and sleep straight?

• Posted

How long ago was your one done?

I had mine in Coffs nsw australia

I saw the surgeon today, she had a look and basically told me the scar looks fine but if I'm still in this much pain 8 months on then there's something going on, she said I'm extremely tender at the top of my scar and lower back, I'm having an ultrasound on it on Wednesday (boy oh boy that's gunna be painful) then I see the surgeon again on Friday too see if she will do another surgery.

I can sit and sleep some nights, the pain isn't constant but it does take up about 70% of my days, for example the other night I tried to stand up from sitting and I had a horrible pain I could barley move for two days and it was extremely bruised.

This has to be one of the most annoying conditions there are lol

• Posted

two weeks ago...

I can see some new skin coming maybe... rest its dry and stiff..

so lets hope this pain is a temporary one as I cannot join back my office till I get fine ...

and wish you luck and let me know about ur reports. rest I will ask my doctor about its recovery time and all related consequences

• Posted

I hope you get good news! I can't remember not having pain after mine, especially after the stitches came out,

Good luck and let me know how you go!

• Posted

Had my ultrasound yesterday, turns out I never healed from the rhomboid flap I had done 8 months ago, I have a massive pocket of fluid there and I now have to have another surgery...

How did u go?

• Posted

fluid where? just under flap or earlier wound area?

m still in process of visits...

• Posted

Right under the flap, I don't know the ultrasound lady said there's no tracks or any cysts there,

I see the surgeon again today

• Posted

maybe some infection developed under that skin and it kept increasing...

it becomes difficult to manage things yeah .. uffff

• Posted

I'm having surgery on Wednesday, she wants to get rid of the flap and do an excision Leaving it open to heal from the inside up.. Not at all excited about that . I had one of them in October last year and it came back within 3 months .

How are you going?

• Posted

My first surgery was the one where they left it open to heal from the inside out. I was out for two months and I am still healng. I am scared to death it is going to come back. Durning my surgery I was told they removed the tracks, All of my appointments the doctor said it is healing up just well but it looks a little red. Next appointment is next week. Hope your surgery goes/went well!
    • Posted

Thankyou! It's not till tomorrow so definitely feeling nervous lol the last excision I had was hell the packing hurt so bad

Hope your appointment goes well and it doesn't come back, fingers crossed they got it all

• Posted

Thank you.

I wasnt able to get it packed because I couldn;t stand the pain so instead they left like a rubber tube in and just kept changing the sizes until it was completely time to heal on the outside.

I dont know which is easier because I had to have someone clean the tube and around and do double the sitz bath. I am still doing sitz bath after BMs just to be safe. Doctor said they never say never but he also said 20 percent it will come back which is a low percent but its still there.

• Posted

I had my surgery day before yesterday, it took them two hours to complete it... The ultrasound just showed a massive fluid build up but once she got in there she found a massive cyst under the scar, which had air and fluid around it... I think she did the rhomboid flap repair again, I don't know I ant see it I've got padding that goes right up my back, I've also got the drain in, and I don't see her again until next week, I'm thankful that it's over and I hope to god it doesn't come back again, this pain after surgery is a lot worse then the last one I had.. Can barley walk properly and can't move once I'm down, I'm not allowed to put any pressure on the area so I'm not allowed to sit (not like I'm game enough) or lay on my back.. I can't wait for the healing process to be over lol

How are you going?

• Posted

wish u speedy recovery . n this tym b positive .. it will be successful one smile
    • Posted

Thankyou!! I'm praying it will be lol although the surgeon wasn't too confident about that haha

How are you?

• Posted

loll... no worry ... aal is well smile

mine going on n on.... tomo wl see doc.. as one stitched area , couldn't heal well so it got open on its own. though stitches were there for week in it n dan he opened.. but he says its winters so sometym it gets infection

fingers crossed

• Posted

Hi

How are you since you had the surgery redone?

Are you healing well from this horrible condition, its just awful. 

I have it now for 10th time getting packed from a drainage, not been offered any treatment on nhs.

Where did you get your done? do you have the name of the consultant please?

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.