This site has sold out to advertisers.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Obviously this site needs some revenue but in the past few weeks it has sold its soul to the Devil. Subtle adverts are OK but now we have video between posts, adverts popping up everywhere.

I use Adblocker but it seems not to work here.  

4 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I agree, the amount of ads on this site are ridiculous,all it does is slow the site down - and it was never quick before. The mobile version is painfully slow
  • Posted

I use Adblocker Plus which seems to work ok.  It appears to be telling me at the moment, that it has blocked 7 ads.
    • Posted

I'll try looking to see if I need a later version.

• Posted

I had latest version and deleted/re-installed it but have not go rid of the video and other adverts. Most sites I go go nowadays complain that I have adblocker on. 
    • Posted

I can see that I have 4 small ads across the bottom of the page but nothing up the right hand side, which there were before I used the program.

Have you clicked on Adblocker Plus & looked at the options?  Maybe it also makes a difference what browser you use.  I use Opera which also has an inbuilt ad blocker program.

• Posted

I mostly use Win 7 with IE11 but I have Win 10 on another drive.

Got it now the video and some other parts are gone.

I wonder if our moderator will come in on this? He is usually on the ball.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.