Thorascic aeortic anyeurism

Posted , 18 users are following.

Would love to connect with people who have this so I can cope better knowing I am not alone!

5 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Ladytrue

Five years ago (nearly six), I had a aortic aneurysm, I was dilated by 8.8cm (I was lucky they found it), my aortic valve had stopped working and I had severe aortic regurgitation (heart bleeding back in on itself instead of circulating around the body).  I had a aortic root and valve replacement, I now have a mechanical valve.

If there is anything I can do to put your mind at rest, i'll be happy to do so.  You are most certainly not alone.  Wishing you all the best.

• Posted

Mine is 4.7   and I too have a bicuspid valve. Mine hasn't grown in 10 years, but I am now having symptoms and thinking my surgeouns will now likely do the surgery even though I am not 5.0>

I have been living in AGONY and pure hell because I was told the surgery for this has a survival rate of only 10 percent. I would love to hear your thoughts. What hospital and Dr did yours?

• Posted

I had surgery 4 months ago, and was at 5.1, no bicuspid, and was told the survival rate was pretty high, even if i had the bicuspid valve. I am sorry that you are i such distress over it, i would reach out to another doctor possibly for more insight. Either way, if you require surgery, these procedures are pretty straightforward for doctors. WHile easy to say, try to find peace in that surgery is needed, and when done, you will no longer live with the fear of rupture.

Frank

• Posted

Hi I am also looking to connect with people who have this.  Driving me crazy worry about the what if's 
    • Posted

Someone sent me a link to a facebook support group and its calmed me soooo much i will find the the link for u
    • Posted

I asked Dan1961 to send u the link! A
    • Posted

Thank you Ladytrue I can't go a day with out thinking about what if?  I am a breast cancer 4 year survior I don't know why I can't stop worry... but if I could have that link that would be great.... thanks
    • Posted

Hi did you have the link for the Facebook group please
    • Posted

I would love to have the link to the facebook group. My aortic aneurysm just happened in November of 2015. Thanks
    • Posted

Kay, on FB under search , type aorta dissection support group.  Great help!
    • Posted

Reach out anytime, you can message me and we can talk. I too have developed an anxiety disorder over mine but think I have good news for you.
  • Posted

I just saw that I had a message from Dan with the link.... thanks smile
    • Posted

When you get on there I am Deborah Nekleva-Jackson ! Its normal to worry you will see we all are lol. How can we not! I seem to focus on it that I M ok for awhile then I obsess back n forth roller coaster! But ultimately its out of our control and worrying gets us no where but sick mentally. I remind myself of that daily lol! Hope to see u in the facebbook group!
    • Posted

Hi, I have a ascending aorta aneurysm and would like to join the FB page that is mentioned here.  Would you please direct me?  Would love to visit with people with this condition, prior to and after surgery.  Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.