thought i was doing well, today bang right down again

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, i have been on fluoxitine nearly 2 weeks, i dont sleep much, and had loss of balance today on my way home, also dizzy turns at home,is this part of the side effects, i also get like electrical twitches in my shoulders,i have been depressed and doctor gave me flu, i hope they work, he said it would sort my insomnia out, thats an awful thing, i only get about 4 hours kip all day and night, does anyone have any tips or advice which could help me, thankyou.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I was on fluoxetine for 3 years and 2 months ago I stupidly stopped taking it. Worst decision ever. I have now had awful depression and anxiety back. I've been back on them for 10 days now and I'm not better yet, but they do take time. I'm sure what your experiencing will pass in time. Hang in there xx

• Posted

emma, thanks for your reply, i had a terrible experiance yesterday, i had to go in hospital all night, i got dizzy and my b pressure was way up,i havent long got in,my dog was so worried, i had been away all night, but the back door was open so he could go in and out to the garden,my god i was in a state, i have been told to stop the fluoxitine, i have a letter to give my doc in the morning, i live alone since my hubby died, i am so lonely for him,i dont want anyone else only him, people say to go and meet someone else but i just cant, we were together 24 years, life can be cruel.i hope you are feeling better, i expect the doc will give me something else, he did mention mirtazipine, i was on that for a while, a long time ago,maybe i will try them again.this lack of sleep is terrible.
    • Posted

I'm so sorry you are having such a bad time of it. I don't know what to say other than hold in here and see you doctor as soon as you can. We will get there xx

• Posted

thanks emma, i am off to docs now at 4 this afternoon, i tried to get this morning appointment but they were booked all up, i let you know how it went later when i get back home, take care, angela,xx
  • Posted

I have a hard time sleeping as well. I tired lorazepam and clonazepam and they made my depression worse as they have a tendency to do that. Doctor switched me to Seroquel, I take the generic Quetiapine, 25mg. It works great. Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night so I keep one on my bedside table with water and I take one more around 3 or 4 am and I'll sleep till 8. Doctor said that's fine as I could take up to 150mg if needed. But if you read up on it smaller doses help with sleep better than larger ones. It dosent work like other meds were more is better. The 25mg at night sometimes lasts all night. I feel human again after a decent nights sleep. I wish you luck!

• Posted

Sleep is so important for recovery. I have been taking 5mg diazepam for 5 nights as before that I was only getting 2 hours of sleep a night. It just helps to fight through the day
    • Posted

thankyou jeremy, its comforting to know one is not alone with lifes evils,the doc has now put me on propranalol,for the panic attacks, but i am hesitant again, as i take flcanide to regulate my heart beat, and propranalol blocks the heart rate too, so now i am scared the two together may be bad for me.i dont know now what to think.anyway hope your getting better, good luck, angela, xx
  • Posted

Hey I hope things are going good for u today. I have been on it three days now first day I felt strange second I felt great today I'm back down the rabbit hole. Was this the case for u?

• Posted

becky thanks for your reply, i had been taking those things for two weeks and i thought theywere working, then BANG out of the blue, they nearly did me in, i am off to docs now at ten past four for another type, but not fluoxitine, i had a terrible panic attack and sky high blood pressure, it dam near frightened me so much, hospital said it was a bad reaction to those bloody fluoxitines, but it may work for others but not for me, hope you are ok, angela.
    • Posted

19days in and I have a lot of ups and downs but they seem to go along with my monthly cycle. I can say even tho days like today where I'm just beat and wanna sleep all day I am happy I'm not like I was 19 days ago! Things are getting better just really slowly. Hang in there guys. I am wondering tho if I up my meds some will something higher make me more active and less feeling blah? I'm on 5mg right now

• Posted

Hi Angela, I have been on Fluoxitine for almost 3 years now, I still have my good and bad days, and they have recently increased my dosage to 40mg a day, However, it took about 6 months for me to feel the real benefits of the tablets. My advice would be just to be patient (easier said than done, i know) but it will start working soon. Download a few apps onto your phone for relaxation, then listen to that before sleeping, also, monitor how much you sleep and keep a record and show your GP it as they may be able to prescibe sleeping tablets for you! You will always have good and bad days, I am only 18 and I have been dealing with depression and ME for a few years now and its horrible, but hang in there! keep taking the tablets, same time every day and do not miss a day! Hope it gets better for you! smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.