Thoughts please

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm just throwing a question out here. If your partner makes comments like "do you want a medal" or if you book to get your hair done and it costs £85, he gets really mad. Please note I work full time, we have money in the bank. I don't drink smoke or even buy new clothes.

I just want thoughts on this as I feel like I'm constantly being put down

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Reminds me of a bloke I use to no! Yea he don't want u looking good or feeling good!

It's all emotional abuse till u feel worthless n then your that down throdden.

Just my opinion.

When your with someone they should make u feel special and want u to go out and do ya hair n buy new things and make u feel good about your self!! If this ain't happening then u need to have a word with him.

• Posted

Hi jay, it's a control thing - so what if your hair costs £85 it's your money and you can do what you like with it. Saying things like ' do you want a medal' is trying to belittle you and make you feel useless - which you're DEFINATLEY not . I was once married to a man like that, little things to start with that got bigger and bigger until I could do nothing right and was too scared to have an opinion. I divorced him . Emotional abuse will drag you down unless you change things, talk to him. Good luck x

• Posted

Hi,

From a blokes view of things:What does he like to spend money on?

Gambling, drinking, cars , football- these all cost a small fortune.

Or is he a miser, saving all his money for whatever.

£85 to have your hair done, once a week? Or once a year, your money your choice as long as it works both ways.

Mike.

• Posted

Thanks all for your replies. The last time I got my hair done was January this year so I thought I would treat myself. So no I don't get my hair done regular.

There are always lots of cheap and cheeky remarks and at first I thought I was taking it personal but now I realise I'm not..

He went out the other night and bought a bloody hand held hoover which was £84 but grudges me getting my hair done!

I have tried speaking to him and the response I get is, if you don't like it leave. So kinda sums it up really.. its not that easy when you have kids and a lovely home.

I think I will need to change the way I had left his remarks.

Also he sat the other night and said.. next year I'm getting a motor bike, a tat too and putting on weight and I can't even get a flipping hair cut and color

Sorry just a bit mad today

• Posted

Hi,

Tell him next year your getting a new outfit:he's out and your fit!!!

Mike.

• Posted

Either it is a sense of humour or you have a real sarastic person who does not show any consideration of any illness you may have. Of course we are not there to listen to this person and in some areas this could be taken as a bit of a joke.

If my Partner cannot take any health conditions I may have seriously they may not be the person for you, only you can make that decision as you know the person

We do not

A serious word may be in order, whatever. Work on these differences if that is what it is

B.

• Posted

Hi Bob. It not a sense of humor , he is deadly serious. He shoots most people down in flames.

I know what you are saying but it's easier said than done when you have two young kids..

I can't change him but I think I need to change my attitude towards him when he makes his hurtful comments. It just makes me feel so worthless.

• Posted

If the relationship is so negative I would be concerned that He could be uncaring to both you and your kids. 

If you cannot change Him I do not know what to suggest, My Father was something like what you describe, even when we washed in the morning we had to use cold water, even in the winter. That sort of attitude can make life very trying and uncomfortable.

If you have a good idea how to change Him fair enough, remember you need to be comfortable in your own skin and if this is not the case I would move on

B.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.