THR

Posted , 3 users are following.

while waiting for my THR, pain is getting very bad.

am I crazy to get crutches!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Cookie! No, I don't think you are crazy to get crutches. Do whatever you can to make yourself comfortable while waiting. Walking with pain probably means you are limping, and that means that you are favoring certain muscles over others, which can lead to problems. Not to mention, alleviation of pain is a good thing!

I have a suggestion that you also post over on the Hip Replacement Forum, https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/hip-replacement-1109. You will get lots of replies there, as everyone there is either waiting for a THR or has already had one. 

• Posted

No ,either that or 2 canes.I have a rollator to allow me to put my weight on as it just hurts like all get out.Im having my 2 nd hip done 11/29 and it hurts all the time .Do what you can to decrease the stress on your hips
  • Posted

I've been using a rollator walker inside the house and crutches outside the house while waiting for my hip revision surgery. The rollator allows me to walk smoothly and carry things (on the seat) from room to room, very easily. Otherwise I'd be using a wheelchair.

• Posted

Great!

im gonna get something.  I know I have at least another 4 months to go.

gotta do something.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.