Throat clearing

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i know alot of people clear the throat with acid reflux, but when i do mine the whole street muct here it gets that bad, anyone else like this ?

Also does acid rflux only playup from foods you eat today or can be from foods a day or so before ?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey John, I don't know about the whole street but for sure the whole house and outside the front door. My kids complained how it kept them awake it was so loud (intense) and constant.

I believe it can be from foods you just ate OR from foods days before. It makes it very hard to decide what to eat and what not to eat on a daily basis because in my case it doesn't seem to make a difference😕 Do you get headaches from this problem because it causes them for me which just makes it all the worse.

• Posted

Hi Carol no to be honest i have not had an headache for a long time, i think it's because of all the foods i have stopped eating plus drinking more water.

But i know acid reflux sucks plus other problems i have. Starting to think that getting old is a trap.

FOODS I EAT

CHICKEN & MUSHROOM PIE

FISH FINGERS

FISH CAKES

MCCAIN MICRO CHIPS

HEINZ BEANS

HEINZ SPAGHETTI

MUSHROOMS

POT NOODLE

• Posted

Wow, if I ate anything on your list it would be pure hell for me lol. What I even DARE to eat however, is a risk.

I remember a time when I hadn't even heard of Acid Reflux, and now it rules my life. If I have a sore toe, I blame it on Reflux...that's how much it's a part of my life 😕

I think you're right on getting old being a trap lol.

Best Wishes to you John.

• Posted

lol i am the same never herd of acid reflux until i got it, but i do now sad and only got it when i stopped smoking.

Are you in UK ?

• Posted

that's too bad you got it after quitting smoking but it could be worse if you hadn't stopped smoking.

No actually I'm in Canada.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.