Throat feeling

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all. I am expercided a feeling in my throat that I have to keep swallowing and still have a lump in my throat for 3 months now. I have been to my doctors and said that is related to anxiety. I jaunt can't see it myself as when I try to get the feeling from my throat I bring up flew as tho it's blocked. Has anyone else expercided this feeling for this long ?x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I get it too although it just started about 2 weeks ago. Sometimes it's more severe than others, and sometimes it can make me feel like gagging. It's horrible but I just have to deal with it sad
  • Posted

Yes!! I have tried everything and have had SO many tests beyond belief .. I've had it for 6 months. The conclusion from my doctors is acid reflux or LPR. Which is laryngeal pharyngeal reflux. It's a terrible feeling. I'm following a bland diet, took carafate and PPI (no relief).. And I just got some throat coat tea to try from traditional medicinals. Taking a small dose of lorazepam helps me bc it's a smooth muscle relaxer as well as effective for anxiety, but I hate taking it bc it can be addicting and I don't like taking pills.. Sadly it's the only thing that has brought me relief.. But since I rarely take it, I just try to ignore it, which is near impossible. Sipping tea with honey brings temporary relief.... Sorry you are going through this too.
  • Posted

Hi. Thank you all for your response.i am on week 4 of citalopram and the symptoms I am getting are so bad. Hoping it is the side effects . I have lost appetite and lost about a stone in weight and waking up in the night with chest tightness and burning on the left. Hopefully will improve. Just when I'm thinking. 😂I have a very bad anxiety about I'm dying of a horrible

illness. Does you also get a sore throat when trying to swallow all the time.? Xx

• Posted

You should probably get checked by a gastrointestinal Doctor. Your symptoms sound identical to mine with the sore throat and chest tightness. My doctor explained that is very common with acid reflux/ LPR. The acid washed up to your larynx and burns the throat area.. The citalopram should help with anxiety, which does make Globus worse... But yours may possibly be caused by acid reflux as well, in which they could prescribe you a PPI. Wouldn't hurt to get checked out that route to hopefully bring you some relief!
    • Posted

My throat feels very tight and heavy burning feeling. More worse when I lie down . It wakes me some nights. I also get a burning under my left boob. Have you experienced these symptoms. So worried. X
  • Posted

Yep, it's called Globus Hystericus, the key is to ignore it, it's caused by muscle tension in your throat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.