THROAT ISSUES FOR 4 MONTHS!! PLEASE HELP :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

So back at the end of August I woke up with a sore throat on one side. I felt sick like I was coming down with something. Next day I noticed a bubble bump looking thing under my tongue so i went to the Dr who said it was a blocked saliva gland? Told me to suck on lemons and gave me ZPAC to take. A few days later it finally unclogged!! But the sore throat continued with a little trouble swallowing. I also was getting a metallic sour taste in my mouth and some acid coming up my throat. I immediately thought it was acid reflux causing the problem so I cut out certain foods and started taking Tums daily. Some days were better than others but then at the end of November it felt like my throat was totally shut! I could eat and drink but it felt like I had to swallow REALLY hard to get anything down. It started giving me anxiety so I went to ER. They said glands ok, throat was a little red and nose was a little irritated (ive also had crazy post nasal drip since this 1st started). They gave me Amox. to take and sent me home. The swallowing got worse and worse!! I was swalloeing SO hard all the time and my mouth was beyond dry despite drinking tons of water, having tea with raw honey ect. I also started burping up white foamy globs of junk and wouls spit them out. It was like I was throwing them up but they werent coming from my stomach, it was whatever was clogging up my throat. My throat felt a little better after that would happen but would eventually come back. Soo back to ER. Did CAT SCAN because I begged them to check into this further! Said scan was fine and referred me to ENT which I go to tomorrow for a scope which i dont understand because I thought the scan was a pretty good test....

Has anyone else had these issues??? I also have left front chest pain and upper back pain as well as neck pain and sometimes feel like I cant take a deep breath on my left side. Had chest xray and that was also fine. Funny thing to me is nobody has given me a strep test or done any blood work.

I need advice! Especially before going to ENT so I kmow what to ask or demand ect.

Thanks all!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did the white globs smell awful and have a yellowish tinge? Kind of hard/squishy at the same time?
    • Posted

Hi, no it was just a ball of white foam. I have had and still tonsil stones if thats what you mean?
    • Posted

Yep! That's where I was going with it. Mine get full of stones and harden making it hard for me to swallow.

• Posted

Im actually siting in the ENTs office now waiting to be seen Lol Hoping she can figure this out! Will post.
    • Posted

So I got the scope and low and behold its ACID REFLUX!!! Said my nose was fine, tonsils fine, throat fine but my esophagus was red and inflamed from the acid which she said will also cause post nasal drip. Putting me on Omezerprole? And I go back in 6 weeks to see if it clears up. Crazy that its acid reflux! Anyone having this problem should really look into this. She also said I can take Malox and Tums nightly and that it will help. And to stay away from acidic foods for 6 weeks.
    • Posted

That's good! Well not good you have acid reflux but glad you have answers! I hope you feel better soon smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.