Throat pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

For 3 weeks now I feel like I am being strangled. And I can feel my throat getting swollen every morning and night. I took amoxicilin but there is no difference. Is there any way to go back to the way things were with out going to a doctor?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It really depends whats causing this. If its acid reflux then you need it investigating. I suffer from this badly and esophageal spasms. I take a gtn spray to nip spasms in the bud before they cripple me and am on a soft food diet, tried eating solids and it aggravates everything. Maybe its acid that just requires ppi like omoprazole to calm it down.
    • Posted

Tell me about your spasams. I have horrible spasams on a daily basis. I have tried everything, even botox. They are completely disabling. I am 2 years post heller myotomy.
    • Posted

Spasms mimic a heart attack with neck and throat squeezing pain. The GTN spray was issued in hospital and relaxes the heart and esophagus nipping the spasm in the bud so to speak, 2 sprays under the tongue but makes you really light headed. Could be worth asking your doctor to try it. I struggle mainly morning and late evening with swallowing but i gargle with mouthwash and it tends to help.
  • Posted

Hi. I'm not sure if your symptom is "trouble or pain in swalllowing", but if it is, you'd better see the doctor soon. I don't wanna scare you. It may prevent worse conditions if you see the doctor. So please do it. But it may still be nothing important.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.