throbbing on sides of neck

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone else have this, only read one other post by someone with the same symptoms and they have not been on here for over a year, feels like a throbbing or pulsating ache or pressure on sides of neck, sometimes only one sided other times both, seems to come and go, more uncomfortable than anything espically when trying to lay down for sleep x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there sorry for your pain I myself suffer with neck pain amongst other things I get pain that radiates sometimes shooting & weird pains deep on my head but vary from day to day & one type of pain then another I have osteoarthritis & degeneration of all the disks in my neck with bone spurs growing along some of the nerve roots in my neck which are now starting to affect my arms. I'm not saying you have anything like me but I say this because I sympathise deeply, I know how pain especially not knowing what is causing it can affect your life, have you had an mri scan of your neck? I believe you should ask your gp to refer you for one before you can say what's causing your pain. It does sound like disk or nerve problem. Are you on any medications? If you need a chat don't hesitate to contact me all the best kind regards Katie 😊
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply Katie, the sensation I feel in the sides of my neck are very strange, like someone is pushing against the sides, or blood pumping in to neck, not found anyone else on here that have similar symptoms so can be quite scary x thank you katie for the offer to chat, also the same goes for you too, x
    • Posted

Hi if you haven't seen a Dr regarding your symptoms you should & request an mri scan just tell your Dr exactly what's going on I know just how scary this can feel like your not alone take care ☺
  • Posted

Hi there I've been experiencing throbbing in head neck and face constant for 13 months it started almost two years ago but it was much less in severity and it went away and came back several times. I've had carotid and jugular ultrasound a lumbar puncture for the opening pressure and  mra of my brain and mri and mr v as well as an MRI of the neck. They won't really do anything else. It's much worse when Laying down. It's more in my left side butt w the neck I feel it sometimes both sides and I'll see this vein pop up on the right side of my neck sometimes just on the right. I've seen three diff neurologists all of which just tell me it's chronic migraine. I also have Lyme disease which could be the underlying culprit but it's very difficult to treat. Please let me know if you were able to resolve your symptoms and how etc. I sure hope you are better by now 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.