Tibolone & citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Has any of you ladies out there take tibolone & citalopram together and what effect did they have x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shirley352

i have been taking Tibolone for one month and been on citalopram for a long time! 20mg .I was abit wary of taking both but apparently there is no interaction between them.Citalopram is well in my system but can't help feeling a bit too sedated at times.Still early days on Tibolone and each day not the same feel fuzzy headed and tired but there is no anxiety..Sleep never been good and dreams are awful but since oestrogen just doesn't quite make me feel 'normal' I thought I would try it.My situation may be different as I had a subtotal hysterectomy and ovaries removed so in Surgical menopause.. How do you feel?

• Posted

Hi Jan

I been on tibolone for about 6 months it stopped the bleeding the hit sweats stopped for about 2 months then returned so I persevered and still on them so I went to my doctor and he gave me citalopram to run along side and he said they were very good for night sweats after a few days all was well and I thought brilliant why haven't I tried these before. ..

any way I'm pulling my hair out now as only 3 weeks into the citalopram the hot sweats are back and quite bad I'm on 10mg I'm wondering if I should ask my gp to up the dose to 20mg I'm just so fed up of trying different stuff (hrt)and getting no were long term it's ok after a short time then bang every back to how it was x

• Posted

Iam on citalopram for anxiety .Started on 10mg for a few weeks then went back to Dr and put it up to 20mg.I think that's a common thing they do . They have their side effects too at first.Once they are in your system they ease.If I didn't have Tibolone I would have hot sweats regardless of being on citalopram. Each time you try something new you think great thats it this will be better!! How much do you have to try to get quality of life and a decent balance.Never know one week to the next on how you are going to feel.Hopefully if Dr ups the citalopram it may be better for you .Fingers crossed for you.

• Posted

Hi Jan

Yes I'm hoping if the dose goes up I will feel better not sure if I need tibolone to be a higher dose but I think you can only get it 2.5mg I will ask when I see gynaecologyist as Dr's won't change tibolone until I have seen gynaecologyist so here's hoping for better quality of life soon

• Posted

Yes iam not sure if they can increase it  to a higher dose .My Gynae has me on 2.5mg and 3 pumps of oestrogel so will only find out what's what when I go back mid Feb. Cant tell if fuzzy head and tiredness is too much of everything together.let me know how you get on.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.