Tibolone/Living after hysterectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi is anyone in surgical meno taking Tibolone? Also is it good for other meno symptoms like joint pain, fatigue etc or just libido and flushes?

I had hysterectomy + ovaries removed 18 months ago + tried patches, gels...now on Premarin over a year but get so tired + joints flare up plus zero libido. Got prescription for Tibolone but scared to take it in case it causes pmt effects with the progesterone effect. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had Tahbso I've been taking it for about a year and a half and felt much better. I was having hot flushes so bad I couldn't even cook as the mere heat would make me need to go outside in a vest top to cool down. I was tired and moody and had zero libido. My flushes are light now and a couple of times a day compared to every 10 minutes. And my libido improved not quite to before but close enough.

I personally haven't had any bad side effects but this maybe different for others. Other hrt wasn't strong enough for me that I tried.

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks Tracy, great that it's working well for you. What other hrts had you tried? I am just a bit concerned that lots of women on Tibolone complain of joint pains which is my worst menopausal symptom now.

• Posted

I had premarin and Elleste Duet Conti before plus veganin but tibolone worked for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.