tics from epilim / depakote

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been on epilim for 8 months now, when I started it I started having finger tapping kind of like a tic, teeth tapping and clenching at night. 

Is this common with this drug? 

Thank you in advance. 

Im new here and to these forums, I hope I'm doing this right. 

Thanks. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Tapping - do you mean like a nerve jerk? If it is it could be something similar to restless leg syndrome (RLS). Which I take Lyrical for, my doc says it calms the nerve. As for Epilim it's a terrible drug, it made me have big seizures and injuries. I would suggest that you talk to your neurologist about this, and wish you well.
    • Posted

Thanks Karen, 

depakote is the only med that's worked for me. I'm much  enter, out of bed, no dizziness like before. 

Yes, I mean like a nerve jerk like what you describe 

• Posted

Hello, you don't say what dose you taking.  I am on 4x400mg twice a day and have been taking it for partial epilepsy for many years.  I can't do very fine handicraft anymore but that may just be my age.  My brother-in-law's daughter is on epilim (don't know the dosage), she has full epilepsy, it is controlled but she shakes noticablyat the fingertips
    • Posted

Hi David, I'm on 400 mg am and 600mg pm 

not sure if it's epilepsy or not, some Drs say it seems like it but not properly diagnosed yet. 

They origonaly put me on it for migraine , as a preventative. 

Its like these movents are like tics. Finger will flick up in the air everyone and again. Like a nerve tic. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.