tietze syndrome

Posted , 6 users are following.

Was recently diagnosed with tietze syndrome wondering what pains people get like I get pain under my breast and sides in my sternum and down top of my back plus also my left arm can really aches just wondered if anybody else gets their with theirs

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes!!! Breast pain, back pain shoulder blade pain and pain all over my ribs mines Costo though not tietzes but literally the pain spreads all over 🙈

• Posted

Same here. My pain has been increasing instead of decreeasing. It has spread to my upper back and sides and sides. My right arm aches.  I see my Gastrointernalogist. My Primary said I had Teitze, without any reason except that my heart was ok and I hurt under my breasts.  I am very short of breathe and get breatheless doing anything as all.  
  • Posted

Hi Anita

yes, the pain varies from person to person.  My pain was left sided radiating down my left my left arm, radiating to the tip of my left shoulder and ended up following the line of my trigeminal facial nerve.  I was on the verge with oit cos I couldn't sleep and it was constant.  Once a bright Doc diagnosed me (after 4 years of spreading pain) she commenced me on Nortryptline and within 48 hrs the pain had gone from a 9 to a 3 & eventually to zero provided I don't overdo it.

• Posted

I get pain in my breast, down my sides, in middle of back and underneath breast along the breast bone. It floats all over. I also have cervical stenosis, slight curvature of spine(scolosis) and beginning degenerative disk problems. This all complicates the Cochrondritis, Tietze is just on one side whereas Cond is both sides.

• Posted

hi Aniita,

I have those symptoms as well. I was diagnosed last December. Soft ice packs or warm heating pads help alot or a medicine called neurontin helps pain too. Good luck! Youir not in this alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.