Tietze with small bumps

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I was told in Dec. 2014 I had tietze. My pain was horrible in the beginning, I really thought I was having a heart attack. Chest x rays...blood draws...and finally a catscan showed it was nothing serious ( although they did ask me in the catscan if I had any trauma to my chest...then told me they can't say what they thought it looked like ). The doctors said there were some abnormalities in the chest x rays, but didn't say what they were. So the pain got better but never went away, and I have had this lump on the second part of my sternum for 4 mths. Now I have these little bumps on my chest. My daughter said mom you have zits on your chest, my nephew said I got bit by Mosquitos, and my grandma says they feel like chicken pox! I don't know if this is normal or not because I can't find anything on the web. Also when I'm having a lot of pain my chest gets red and my left collarbone feels like it's protruding. Does anyone else have any of these symptoms?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you had a coeliac test? Chest pains and spots are often symptoms of coeliac disease
    • Posted

I have looked into this and I'm just not sure that's what I have, but I'm planning on going back to the doc soon
    • Posted

Hope things work out for you. Have you had any other health issues, even minor ones, over the last few years?
    • Posted

Well I have a weak immune system so I usually get sick from others very easy, and I did have pitriasis rosea all over my body a couple of years before I developed tietze. I have noticed that the bumps started on my chest after I developed the lump on my sternum. My left collar bone always feels swollen and I get a stretching sensation when im hurting. It is protruding more then it ever has.
    • Posted

I strongly recommend you get checked out for autoimmune conditions like coeliac disease, Nikki. Everything you're saying points in the direction of an underlying problem like coeliac
  • Posted

Hi nikki, my experience is similar to yours ie I have had Cat and Mri with contrast, I have a hole in sternum and my right collar bone protruding.  I have had three occasions in the last two years with pain in chest which lasts a couple of months, the last occasion was brought about by digging earth in the garden, I will have to take a lot more care when doing anything. I do not have and bumps, I suggest you get these looked at by a doctor. 
    • Posted

I'm planning on going back to the doc soon, although I feel like it's just bugging him. He said he didn't see any swelling or inflammation but he put me on a medication that's in the ibuprofan family but stronger. I quit taking them because after doing research I found out they can cause cardiac arrest....scary. I just wish others had the same symptoms and then I would probably feel better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.